Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Life in the fast lane!!


...that's probably how I would describe life right now for our family. In fact, sometimes life is so fast that we don't even think to take pictures, especially ones with all of us as a family. This is the only other one I could find besides the "dressy" Christmas card photo, of all seven of us. We went bowling for Tyler's 9th birthday which was almost 4 months ago. Don't get me wrong, we're together...a LOT! We just forget to take the time to smell the roses or snap the picture (we're far too busy smelling diapers and snapping fingers!) Maybe blogging will encourage me to take more pictures, if only to illustrate my blog (heaven forbid I should SCRAPBOOK)! At any rate, here we all are: Adam (7), me (30-ish), Hannah (2 1/2), Jason (5) Rachel (5 months), Cade (35-ish), Tyler (9). I have to admit, I'm seeing an amusing pattern in my post-baby pictures. I think I've been subconsciously putting children on my lap when I see a camera coming - it effectively hides most bodily imperfections. I think it's quite brilliant actually, especially for being subconscious. I'd say that Santa was hip to this trick from the get-go, although it really does nothing for his thighs! So for all of my comrades out there trying to lose a few without having to dodge the camera altogether, just grab a couple of kids (any old kids will do) and you're ready! Thank you Adam and Hannah! So until that baby weight is gone, you can plan on seeing a lot more of me...and my kids!

7 comments:

Lorena said...

Oh TOTALLY! My baby is almost 4 and I am still hiding behind children. You all look cute, though. You darn, good-looking family, jeez!

I am taking a lot more pictures lately. But it is also a new thing to feel guilty about as a mother. I was at the eye doctor yesterday with 4 children and no camera. I was kicking myself the whole rest of the day...and hoping to quickly erase the torture that was the 2 hours spent there.

Wish I could see you guys...oh wait...I've already started my 4-week countdown...do you think anyone would notice if we kept you here?

Unknown said...

Stacey, I love it. At least you have a custom background. Mine is just the boring one that comes when you set up your blog with Google. Hey, we can't all be creative like you girl. Hey, I think we are going to come for womens conference. What do you think of that?

Jessica said...

Blogging takes care of the lack of pictures--trust me. You look especially cute and blonde in that picture.

Your blog is like the best present of my whole week!

Jessica said...

Of course, I read all my comments. It's my favorite activity of the day.

We will be there from March 31ish to April 7ish. And again (when I go to Blogapalooza, oops I mean the greatly spiritual Women's Conference) from April 30-May 4. So there.

Erin said...

I so use that trick. As my kids get bigger, I find myself quickly becoming just a floating head behind them in many pictures. :) Okay by me!

I second Jessica's comment, you do look particularly cute and blonde in that picture!

Unknown said...

I mentioned the womens conference idea to Jill. Hopefully she'll plan it from here, buy my ticket, and make all the arrangements. I'm just kidding Jill if you are reading this. :-) We will let you know the definites Stace, but you need to buy your tickets now!!!

Gardner Family said...

Stacy, you can visit my blog anytime and I'm glad you did. I hope you saw you are represented on it at girls camp! The ward is so different now but not in a bad way. We love doing parties and embarrassing ourselves.
I see you have 2 girls now. Bless you and the GIRL METHOD which I never got to try. Fix their hair and paint their nails for me! Love, Tanisha