Thursday, February 14, 2008

..And a Happy Valentines Day to You, Too!

We justed wanted to say...

Oh, and...

Happy Valentines Day!


On a slightly different note, I am a self-proclaimed non-"morning person". I am irritable, grouchy and downright TESTY! Since we moved to our house in Kaysville last December, I have seriously tried to be a "morning person," and IT'S NOT EASY! One thing I had to change to help me be more of a "morning person" was to wake up with or before my children
(mostly with). The other thing I had to change was to actually make them breakfast and interact with them instead of throwing cold cereal at them. I have done a pretty good job, in all honesty. That being said, I sort of stink at making breakfast. I can make a mean lunch and even dinner, but breakfast is not my thing (being that I haven't been a "morning person" since two months ago). I like EATING a good breakfast, but I hate making it and thus, I'm just not very good at it! Well, for Valentines Day, I decided to go out on a limb and make my kids something for breakfast that my mom always made for us (or at least I envisioned that she did)-- pink, heart shaped pancakes. I know it's not that original, because several of you bloggers out there did the same thing. The thing is, mine look really hideous - take a look:
Kinda grody, huh? I imagined them to be a lot prettier and more appetizing-looking than they turned out to be. Needless to say, they weren't a big hit. These are the leftovers and the recipe only makes 12 (there would be 12 pancakes in the picture if I hadn't threatened to cancel Valentine's Day for my children if they didn't try one). Yes, there was a lot of love at the Seeley's house this morning! Here's them trying to choke them down (Jason's face says it all):

So I guess they've successfully foiled my St. Patty's Day breakfast plans - I had my green food coloring all rearin' to go and everything! Better luck next year!!




5 comments:

Grandma Cathryn said...

I love your valentine pancakes. They're....unique and sincere.
I love you, too. When you don't have kids at home anymore you'll like mornings a lot better. :o
My favorite thing for St Patrick's Day and/or April Fool's Day was to make Wheat Hearts (except that was in the olden days when you could buy What Hearts; use Cream of Wheat) and tint it green. I used lots of food coloring so it looked like playdoh in their bowls. My kids loved it, couldn't eat enough of it. Hopefully you're getting the sarcasm there. I had to have cold cereal as the actual back-up breakfast. I'm pretty sure there were moments of wretching.......

Jill said...

Oh stacy! I love you!!!! You make me laugh! What a great mom you are! I love reading your blog! Hey - and i'm impressed with the pancakes! My kids were lucky to get breakfast at all!!!

Lorena said...

Now I understand the question about my pancakes.

Regular pancake batter with food coloring. Make regular, round pancakes, use a heart cookie cutter post-baking.

Love Jason's face!

Wish you were here...birthday parties are not the same without you.

Boo-Hoo!

Erin said...

Those actually look pretty good--and cute! Way to go Mom! :)

I second the cookie cutters. We had "Valentine's Toast" (lame, I know). I just cut the toast into heart shapes and slathered on the strawberry jam. Good 'nuff.

Unknown said...

Stacey, I have made it a rule to stay away from food coloring. It freaks my kids out. I'm sure the pancakes tasted good. How can you go wrong with pancakes. I don't know.....maybe you did. :-) JK Love you!!! You are the best mom ever!!!