Saturday, February 2, 2008

It's about time!!


I know, I know...I'm the only person in the civilized world who hasn't created a stinkin' blog. I could list all the many reasons why I haven't had the time for this new-fangled little past-time, but unfortunately my time-constraints (am I using too many hyphens??) are the same as yours therefore my lame excuses won't draw any sympathy from anyone except myself, so I decided I'd best just jump on in to the wide world of blogging! The worst thing that can happen is that my blog isn't witty or even interesting at all and nobody reads it - I'm not really out anything but a little time, maybe a little self worth, and I'm really okay with that. I thought that instead of listing reasons NOT to blog, which would be a total downer and irrelevant anyway since here I am blogging, I'd list my reasons TO blog, which maybe you can relate to. Here goes:
  • I might actually become friends with my PC and technology as a whole and overcome this silly love/mostly hate relationship I have. I'm surprisingly old-fashioned!
  • I might actually become reconnected to friends and relatives that I love and adore but have all but ignored while trying to survive a grueling 2007.
  • I might actually enjoy journaling again (Cade really hates the word "journaling" so I'm using it), something I have neglected for years - my poor posterity...."Stacy who??"
  • I might actually give up the crazy notion that people who blog about their families must love and cherish theirs more than I do mine. I'm surprisingly immature!
  • I might actually overcome the peer pressure associated with blogging ("Why don't YOU have a blog?")
  • I might actually have a shorter "Things I Don't Do" list than "Things I Do Do" (hee-hee, I just said doo-doo!)
  • I might actually stick to my Weight Watchers points by spending more quality time at the computer than peering into my evil pantry!
  • I might actually ENJOY blogging - imagine that!
  • It's about time!
...Speaking of which, it's almost midnight and I still have to figure out how the heck I get our family picture on here, since my sister Suz (one of the "peer-pressure" people) set up my blog for me and told me how but of course I'm incompetent. I'll do it anyway!

10 comments:

Lorena said...

Hooray! It is about time!

You forgot to add how it might make your sister-in-law (like the hypens?) miss you less...that's impossible, though!

Tell Cade that I love journaling through a blog.

This is definitely a great diet! I mean, how can you type, click a mouse, and eat at the same time. Just not possible!

We miss you tons!

Abbie said...

Finally! Umm...why am I not one of your links? This is your favorite niece, Abbie. I just linked you to our blog.

Jensons said...

Stacy, I find your blog extremely witty and extremely interesting. Welcome, and keep the posts coming.

Jessica said...

YAY! And you are just so funny, that the world thanks you!

Steph said...

Love your blog. I am a spy, but suz told me to check out all HER hard work. HA ha. BTW, I don't know whats worse teenage peer pressure or Adult peer pressure. :)

Stephanie Anderson

PS: You are cute as always and your kids are darling!!! Love the pic.

P. Family said...

Hey, Stacy it's Chantelle. I have not seen you in years, you look exactly the same as I remember.
Your kids are adorable.

Chantelle

Erin said...

YAY! Fantabulous news. :) Consider yourself linked!

Donelle said...

Stacy, I am so excited to keep up on the Seeley family! We had such a good time getting to know you in AZ! Crazy how time flies and things change. Your family is so beautiful! How is Utah??

Grandma Cathryn said...

Yaaaaay, I love blogs. I've checked about every week to see if yours was up. I love to hear the day to day news. It's never boring.

Bekki said...

How about I fly to Utah and give you a swift kick? I didn't know you had a blog! Shame Shame. I hope you are up 2.4 lbs. this week!