Sunday, February 10, 2008

Destiny determined at an early age - by Cade

Well, this is my first ever blog post. I recently got a scanner that can scan old slides into digital images. This one on the right is of me next to a Cedarapids 3242 jaw crusher in 1974 or 1975. This is a big jaw crusher - so big that it had to be brought in by the railroad. This jaw crusher was purchased from Kimball Equipment Company by L.A. Young Sons Construction Company. This picture was taken in Salina, Utah when I was 2 or 3 years old. How do I know so much about jaw crushers you may ask? Well, for those of you who don't know, I work for Kimball Equipment Company as their corporate parts manager and Kimball Equipment sells jaw crushers and any other kind of rock crusher you would ever want. As you can see, I was obviously warped at a young age and my future employment was apparently destined at the very moment the picture was taken. My dad also must have drilled the gospel of rock crushing into his other sons because Mike, K.C., Dane and I either work or have worked for Kimball Equipment. Phil may have worked for Kimball at one time, but you'll have to ask him. I am going to have fun over the next several months (or years) scanning in the old slides from my parents' house. I will put the real winners in some of my future blogs and add appropriate (or inappropriate) comments. If anyone is offended - too bad - you can sue me for all I'm worth (which isn't much). There are some serious wardrobe and hair malfunctions in those slides so some of you better watch out (you know who you are). Let me just say one word - WIGLETS!!
So, feast your eyes on this classic to the left. Let me just point out the obvious - check out those pants. I mean really - did Michael Sherrill pick these pants out himself or did Dorrie buy them for him. I can just see them looking through the Sears catalog and thinking "Wow, those are nice pants!" I think the reason he has that look on his face is because they are too tight and he feels a little bit uncomfortable after climbing up on the railroad flatbed car. Or maybe he has that look on his face because he is in Salina and he just ate too much food at Mom's Cafe. Anyway, I am requesting the backstory on those pants from Dorrie (and don't pretend you don't remember ever having them in you house - those pants are unforgettable). Get back to me ASAP. Talk to you later - Cade

6 comments:

Stacy said...

Wow - that is the single greatest blog post in the history of blogging. And that little boy is adorable. I'll bet he is one handsome man!

Jessica said...

Yay, keep posting! Ryan always resists because he says it's girl territory, but it's not and you are funny! I'm sending this post to my dad so he can enjoy. YAY!

Jessica said...

Oh and you are SOO cute.

Lorena said...

Cade - I loved your "journaling" on the blog. Now I am going to guilt Dane.

Unknown said...

That was hilarious!!! I don't see what's wrong with those pants though. I seriously thought they were hot....I'm just sayin'. Love, Tiff

Erin said...

Those pants scream "climb around on big earth moving type equipment" don't you think? Wow. I'm seriously loving the pants/facial expression combo. It really almost looks like you guys are in some sort of bizarre ad...for what I don't know!

Keep up the entries Cade. I'm holding out for the wiglets!