Thursday, April 3, 2008

Off she goes!!

Okay, so I'm just a little stressed out right now. It's the eve of what should be a super-duper fun weekend--I'm going on a roadtrip with my sister, Suzanne to St. George to see Colbie Caillat in concert...so fun! My amazingly sweet husband is even taking off work to play Mr. Mom to ALL 5 kids - yes, you heard right. Even THIS one...
Therein lies my problem. You see, I've never been away from Rachel longer than 3 or 4 hours...ever...so this is big. Oh yeah, and she's never had a bottle before, either...ever...so this is really big. I committed to this super-duper fun road-trip months ago when I thought weaning my daughter would be a cinch, but apparently she's very attached (no pun intended) and I'm abandoning this poor child and forcing her to wean cold turkey, which doesn't sound fun for either one of us. Besides being in pain physically and tormenting myself emotionally for leaving my infant daughter, I'm going to miss my little constant companion - I love her. I'll miss Cade and the other kids, too, don't get me wrong. But this is unchartered territory with this'n. It's one of those things where I'll look back and laugh at how ridiculous and sentimental and worried I was for no reason, but for right now I'm sad...really sad...but not sad enough to cancel my plans, of course. Wish me luck. I just need a "Got Milk?" t-shirt and I'll be set! Speaking of which, Cade informed me that having "let-down" at the concert would probably be a bad thing, so now I'm certain I will--thanks, Cade!! I'll let you know how it all turns out, and you'll be dying to know, I'm sure.
(Cade's going to be very disturbed by this post, I have to say).

7 comments:

Jessica said...

This is why you need to rush back to host us on Saturday!

And I always get a little sad and grouchy when I have to leave my babies.

Lorena said...

I can't wait to hear the summary on your return. Have fun!

Amy said...

Stacy-
I'm Amy, Suzanne's friend from Boise... loved reading your blog! I'll stop by more often!

Bekki said...

Good luck, Stac. I'm looking forward to the recap.

Erin said...

I'm sure you've already heard that Cade did a fabulous job--at least on Saturday. We were all so impressed to see the girls with bows and barettes!!

Hope you had a blast and that the letdown fear did not come to fruition. :)

Hollyween said...

You need to post to let us know how it went. I'm condering weaning in the next couple months and I have major fear about it. Perhaps I should plan a vacation like you did and just cold turkey it. What do you think?

Goldie said...

We were sad you weren't there, so was Rach...and the girlys did look very cute!! It was quite a party!