Monday, April 21, 2008

J-dog's Blog

I must do a quick post about my sweet 5 year-old Jason. Isn't he adorable? He's my 3rd child...my third boy and I relate to him very well. You see , I am a 3rd child too, only I'm a third daughter. I had a happy, wonderful childhood with my two older sisters, and eventually a younger sister and three younger brothers. I didn't realize, however, that I was unloved, unnoticed and all but forgotten until I began looking through the family photo albums. The first album was completely dedicated to my oldest sister, Julie. There were seemingly thousands of photos of Julie eating, Julie sleeping, Julie smiling, Julie crying, Julie crawling, and my personal favorite...Julie doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! The second album was more of the same, only now Julie's a little older. Still, every moment of her existence is well documented! 3rd album...more Julie...only wait...is that a SIBLING I see in the background? It is - it's Lisa! Now we see a few pictures of Julie AND Lisa towards the end of album 3...on to album 4! Here's where I start getting excited because Lisa and I are only 13 months apart so I should be making my photographic debut very soon! I flip anxiously through album 4 - Julie, Julie, Lisa, Lisa, Julie & Lisa, Lisa & Julie, more Julie...AHA...there I am!! Wait, that's my aunt's wedding and I'm the white speck on my mom's lap among the 3 dozen other prominently displayed people in the photo, and I'm not even brand new! What the heck? Where were the labor & delivery pictures? How 'bout my homecoming from the hospital? A close-up of my hand? First bath? Anything? Nope...nothing. I vowed then and there that my 3rd child would not be forgotten. My 3rd child would get all the love and attention of my first two, and maybe a little more! I would go out of my way to ensure that my 3rd child received equal photo opportunities and albums of photographs dedicated to their every move! But alas, I have failed miserably despite my best intentions! I did exactly what I said I wouldn't do. I took a ridiculously exorbitant amount of pictures of Tyler as a baby and also spent a ridiculously exorbitant amount of money on "professional" photos. Adam came a long, and my picture-taking waned a bit. By the time Jason came along, I had simply run out of stamina, plain and simple. I DID take pictures, don't get me wrong, but I'm certain that there are at least a 5:1 ratio of Tyler baby pictures to Jason's. He doesn't know what I've done yet...he's only in Kindergarten. But the day WILL come when he discovers he's been cheated, photographically speaking! And so, I dedicate this post to Jason, my sweet, kind, wonderful, forgiving 3rd child. I suppose it's not to late to compensate for past failures, right? If I blog about him now it's gotta count for something, right? RIGHT??? You may expect continued posts honoring my poor 3rd child, just don't expect many baby pictures!

11 comments:

Hollyween said...

Oh, the poor third child. Poor kid.
At least he's not the 6th child like ME. I own NO pictures of myself and my mom can't remember if I had chicken pox or not so I still live in fear. When did I crawl? No idea. Walk? Nope. All I know is that my family talks about my poopy diapers ALL the time because my mom was too busy to change them and it was back in the day of cloth. She says that I always had diaper rash because she was just too busy and the poop was always molded to my butt. Poor, poor 6th child.

Stacy said...

Yeah, the lack of "baby memories" on my mother's part will have to be a whole nuther post...pathetic! Sorry about the diaper rash and the poop. Poor, poor 6th child!

Jessica said...

He's a boy. Boys don't notice stuff like that, right?

Lorena said...

Yeah, I'm the 2nd child and I got totally shafted. Remember that picture in my wedding video? I was 3 months old and that's not even my mom holding me, it's an aunt, and it was the best I could do. Sad, because I was MUCH cuter than my older brother. And, you know what, there were more pictures of the 3rd child as a baby than there were of me! I feel so unloved now...thanks!

Oh, and I totally love that picture of him at the pool...with the weeds in the background. Who would leave their yard so unkept like that? Oh the shame!

And the word verification is "naplyfu"...that just makes me laugh.

Goldie said...

Poor third child I will have to remember, if I ever get to have more babies, that third is just as important as one. And to be honest, I remeber no landmarks Ava made, not sure when she started walking or said her first word........but lets pretend I know.
Jason is so freaking cute and I am sure he get plenty of pics, he is awesome!!

P. Family said...

I have the opposite problem. I take to many pictures of the little one's and forget to take pictures of the big kids. Thanks for the post.. I will have to make a better effort.

Lisa Haws and family said...

stace.... how weird. I have a sister named Julie and a sister named Suzanne, and I'm Lisa. You're just missing a Lori and we missed having a Stacy.

CHECKETTS BUNCH said...

Stacy - I hate to break your theory but I believe that only holds up if you have three children of the same sex. I was the third child, but the first girl. They took so many pictures of me in dresses and frills - they should have invested in some Kodak stock. Now - my sister was the fourth - the first picture of her is when she is like 18 months old and the next was like at her wedding. Poor thing. Somehow we survive I guess. Too bad about the pictures though - I bet you were a GORGEOUS baby!

Melissa said...

I am also the third child but I was the first girl....

I am sure you will make up for it. I really think that Jason is going to get all the attention he needs in life with those cute little dimples?

Sorry we didn't make to Adams Babtism, some how I agreed to go 4wheeling with Justin not realizing it was the same day. When I figured out the mix up on days (since the invite is on my fridge in clear view) it was already too late Justin would not let me back out. Hope to see you guys sooner then later.

Erin said...

Jessica makes a good point. He's a boy--maybe he won't realize or care??? Then again, maybe not. ;) Either way, that's one cute nino numero tres you have there.

Suzanne Lancaster said...

I was gonna say, isn't Jason wearing a swimsuit in that picture? Hasn't it been below 60 degrees since September? Maybe before you write a blog apologizing about NOT taking picutres, you could get a recent one of the poor thing! I love you Jason! - nevermind, I just read Lorena's comment, so I realize that the pic was from a recent trip to AZ. I'm sorry. But, not sorry enough to write a new comment! Love Ya :)