Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Lions and Tigers and Bears ... Oh, My! - by Cade

I was just reading my sister-in-law, Lorena's, blog post about LIONS from April 22 and it inspired me. I immediately remembered this lovely place pictured below and just had to do a post of my own.

I had tried to find these pictures on my computer a few months ago, but was unsuccessful. With new-found determination I was successful in locating them exactly where they should be - in the My Pictures folder from May 2007. These four pictures are from a trailer "house" (I hesitate to even use the word house to describe this place) in an unincorporated county island part of Mesa, Arizona.

I first noticed this "house" when my sister, Marcie, was down for a visit in early 2007. We had just been to the QuikTrip on the corner Val Vista and Broadway in Mesa. (Man, I LOVE QuikTrip, or QT as it also called. I could do an entire post on the benefits of QT that would be 5,000 words long. I should get paid for all of the customers I've sent to QT with my heart-felt testimonials.) Anyway, we drove home the "long way", as Stacy would call it, and boy were we glad. On Broadway Road, east of Ellsworth Road (I think), we drove by this place. I immediately stopped the car and flipped a U-turn and we feasted our eyes on this lovely piece of real estate. I didn't have my camera, but Marcie did and she had me take a few pictures for her. I swore then and there that I would return to this amazing place with my own camera and take some pictures for myself. When I found out that we would be moving back to Utah, I made a pilgrimage to this lovely property on a sunny Saturday morning to get these photos. Here they are - and I promise that these pictures don't do the place justice.


























































I think that the sign covered up with a piece of carpet in the last photo says "Yard Sale". I guess the carpet over the sign means "closed". I wonder if all the stuff in the yard is for sale of if they bring the really good stuff out of a shed or something. One thought that keeps coming to mind is how lovely this place must smell on a hot, sunny July afternoon after a monsoon rainstorm. As you can see, there are a lot of stuffed animals on the property. I can only imagine how many pictures have been taken of this place. I know that my niece, Sydnie, had a few pictures taken of herself in front of this "estate" when she was on her mission in the Mesa area. So, Lorena, I would imagine that your neighbors' lions don't look so bad in comparison. I would encourage anyone in the Mesa area to stop by and see for themselves.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Adrianne's family lives down there, you know, and they've written long and amusing posts about the Christmas light fiesta that happens in Arizona trailer parks...who knew they have an alternate season's show, as well?

Erin said...

Um, wow. I don't even know what else to say. Am I supposed to believe that there is a house in there somewhere??

Lisa Haws and family said...

sad to say..... but this place is for real. i "get" to drive by it on my way to work..... and it is really that unbelievable. Cade, did you see that the QT on the corner by the church is going to open any day? that's what happens when you move 800 miles away. Sorry.

Bekki said...

Where are the HOAs when you need 'em?

Hollyween said...

Whoa. Talk about taking the line 'one man's trash is another man's treasure' line seriously.

Lorena said...

I feel so special...getting linked in a blog post by Cade. I got a little scared because you keep threatening to do a "posing" post. I still think Dorrie wins.

And, no, I am glad I don't live across that, mostly because my kids would want to steal those stuffed animals and think it is OK to play with them. Blah!