Wednesday, April 9, 2008

All's Well!


We survived!! As my sister Suz and I were driving south to St. George on Friday, questions like "What the heck am I doing driving AWAY from my baby when she's very possibly starving to death!" were running rampant through my brain. So to appease my overactive mind, I proceeded to call home every half-hour or so to make sure Rachel wasn't starving (or choking or bleeding). After about the tenth call home in a four hour span, Cade politely (well, sort of) asked me to please stop calling, so I did (at least for a few hours!) Once we were at Steph's gorgeous house in St. George (thanks Steph), I finally began to relax, especially after using my breast pump! Then it was "Go Time!" The Colbie Caillat concert was SOO fun, and the secluded, picturesque Tuacahn Ampitheater was awesome - I'm so glad I went! Here we are at the Gun Barrel restaurant in St. George before the concert (me, Steph, Suz)...YUMMY!
Here we are at the concert. Suz and I LOVED Tim Fagan,
the opening (one-man) band for Colbie Caillat:
Besides "rocking out", we managed to fit in a bunch of shopping, lounging and of course, eating, which quite frankly, is my idea of a good time. By Sunday I was missing my guys and gals and was ready to get back to them. On the home front, Rachel had put up a valiant fight against formula..and lost! She was a regular "bottle baby" by the time I got back, thanks to Cade. So the big question...is she weaned? The answer...no. I nursed her as soon as I got home and every four hours since. I'm weak, what can I say? I wasn't buying into all that "She's your last baby..." hype before my trip, but maybe it's all true! Let's face it, it's hard to let go (or be let go of, in my case).


14 comments:

Steph said...

Thanks again for coming down. I had a blast! I found some sweet videos of Tim Fagan on youtube I need to email to you and suz ;) I'm so glad Rachel is back to nursing again.... I say hang on as long as you can!!

Lorena said...

Cute pictures! I was glad to get the low-down (or let-down) yesterday.

Can't wait to see you in a few weeks...Tee-Hee!

Hollyween said...

How old is the baby?
You're quite the woman for just letting go and having a good time. I realize that's hard to do when you've got a nursing baby at home.
And hey, are you coming to blogapalooza? I sure hope so!!!

The Weights said...

I am so jealous! I love Colbie Caillat- and I bet that it was so great so see her at Tuacahn! I love your blog and it is so fun to keep up with what you are doing! I bet that Rachel missed you like crazy! But the weekend was a success- you had fun and the children survived!!

Jessica said...

I totally knew that once you got there, you wouldn't want to come home. That happens to me every time I leave. I think I don't want to go, and then I have the best time.

And Rachel totally missed you. I witnessed it.

Cade does such a great job.

Jenibelle said...

What a pretty set of sisters! Getting away makes you love the family more.

and they appreciate you more!

Goldie said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast, the pics are way cute!

P. Family said...

I'm Blog Stalking.. Sorry! If you would make your Blog a little less interesting I can promise I would not frequent as much.

I was glad to hear all went well while you were away.. I was on pins and needles waiting for your return post.. Who needs a good book when you can BLOG!!!

Jensons said...

We all know the real reason you don't want to quite breast feeding, and it comes in a c-cup, or maybe a d, am I right? There is no shame in it, and I fully understand the draw....soak it for all it's worth. No pun intended.
Kalisa

Unknown said...

Well, aren't you just the party animal. The party is just going to continue when I get up ther in May, right?

Stacy said...

Okay, Kalisa, I'm "busted" (also, no pun intended), although I can only dream that my cup runneth o'er to the tune of a "c" or "d" cup...no, I'm a mere "b" but it sure beats the double "a" I will undoubtedly revert back to once I'm done. Poor me (and you, in a year or so!)

Suzanne Lancaster said...

So, like you said, it's hard to write a G-rated comment when you have an R-rated mind, but here it goes...

no, really, I had such a good time. It's been so fun having you back - I see many more road trips in the future! That is if you will EVER wean your "Bay Ray"!

Unknown said...

Stacey, when you took the flower survey what did your description of you say? That's the important part, and the funny thing is, its been pretty close. Danjee's said he is a sensual person that likes to experience everything, and that the "norm" is not for him. Sorry your flower was ugly.:-)

Stacy said...

I don't even care about my flower's description...I just couldn't get past the hideousness of the thing.