Friday, April 25, 2008

Beginning of the End...of the[Not So] Terrible Twos

I'm so grateful that my two year-old, despite her best efforts to convince me that she's actually a tween, still has moments of weakness when her true age shines through! Cases in point:
  • The above picture (not many tweens I know would be as perfectly comfortable walking around with a face covered in spaghetti sauce.)
  • Singing loudly in the car "I looked out the window and what did I see...Popcorn popping in the acre-pot tree." (I didn't know they came in pots)
  • Again, singing loudly in the car (with full purpose of heart and verbratto, I might add) "The bus on the wheels go round and round..."
  • I asked her if she wanted to go to Wendy's to get some chicken nuggets, she replied "No, I want some from Old MacDonald's."
  • (I was going to mention a little something about the temper tantrums, but I have a sinking suspicion they're not just a "two year-old thing", so I won't.)
  • The adorable speech impediment she's developing (sorry Lisa Haws, but it is cute) wherein she substitutes the "ar" sound as in "car" for a long "i" sound. For example "Mom," she says "can I watch Dancing With the Sties with you?" (Love it.)
Hannah will be 3 next week...wah.

8 comments:

Jessica said...

I seriously think 3 is worse than two. And since mine is 4 months away, I wish I didn't know that.

Seth calls it MyDonalds.

Suzanne Lancaster said...

I sure wish Carly's 2-year old habits were as cute as Hannah's. I could share all of Carly's annoyances, but I think you are already painfully aware of them - Sorry! Happy Birthday Hannah! Here's to "Dancing with the Sties"

Lorena said...

Great, now I have to go buy another birthday card, and since I am not a card person. Wait...I will be there in a few days and will just celebrate with her then. No card involved.

I think she got that i sound replace the ar sound from Brookie.

watai (water)
upstais (upstairs)
Parkai (friend Parker)

We should nip it in the bud, but we don't, we encourage the cuteness.

Hannah looks so old with her hair long, esp now that Brookie's is cut.

Oh, met J. Zobell yesterday and her daughters Rachel, Lauren, and Hannah...jeez do you two rip off names from each other, or what?

Abbie said...

Eli just started saying more instead of moshe. Forrest didn't know why I was sad about the change.

Lisa Haws and family said...

stace,
i think that sounds cute..... don't change it, she'll grow out of it before you know it. Lorena.... i think you know that j. zobell... the one with rachael, hannah, and lauren is my neice... her husband is the brother of cade and stacy's next door neighbor. small world

Erin said...

Awww...there are some cute little mispronunciations that I hope they'll never outgrow. Although, I guess it would be a little weird to be saying "OldMcDonalds" at the age of 18 right? (That's one that mine say too.)

Goldie said...

She is awesome, I love when they mispronounce words, its way sad when they grow out of that....but as Erin stated it would be way weird if they continued to talkelike that as adults...or would it?

Marcie said...

I BLOG! Check it out...
Hannah could not be terrible.