Sunday, April 13, 2008

"Baptism Boy"

Saturday was Adam's baptism. It was such a beautiful day in every way. I am so proud of Adam - he is a great kid and has been looking forward to the day when he could follow in his brother Tyler's footsteps and become a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! Here's Adam and Cade in their "whites" (So Adam's whites are a little short & he's wearing flip-flops...what's it to ya!)



I am so blessed to have a husband worthy to hold the priesthood and bless and baptize our children. He is a great example to them and I know they look up to him. Here is Adam actually "looking up" to Cade...cute. (Fortunately, there were no flood jumpsuits left in Cade's size so he had to wear pants and shirt...shucks!)





Adam's eyes are ridiculously sensitive to sunlight, hence the funny faces. I feel so blessed to be Adam's mom. He is bright and energetic and he makes me smile! His enthusiasm for life makes other's want to be around him too. He is a kind and loving son and brother and adds a special spirit to our family.




Cade and I are grateful for all of our children (even Rachel) who isn't shown in this picture). They bring us mostly joy and happiness. They make us want to try harder and live better. Heavenly Father has truly blessed our family!







After the baptism, we had our amazing extended family over for dinner in Adam's honor. There were kids running all around, but no Adam. We spotted him sitting outside all by himself (which is odd, because Adam is NEVER alone, the social butterfly that he is). When the other siblings and cousins finally trickled outside, Adam exclaimed "Who wants to sit by the Baptism Boy?!" Membership must have its privileges.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

You must have had a crazy weekend, but so worth it. I loved Taryn's baptism. So emotional, and bonding, and I got to see Danjee cry like a little girl. I'll bet Adam is so happy.

Lorena said...

I'll sit by the baptism boy!

So, I need to get your story on finding a suit...did you get the pin? Did you like his card?

We are sad we missed it.

Erin said...

That is SO cute that he called himself the baptism boy! I have to say, I'm a little sad that Cade did not get to wear a jumpsuit--especially if they came in above-the-ankle-length. :)

We're sad we missed the fun and such a special event. We're proud of Adam too!

Jessica said...

I do! (You needed to do this one week earlier!)

Goldie said...

That was so fun, we are so proud of him too!

Bekki said...

I can't believe he's 8. When I think of Adam. he's always 3. Maybe it's because that's how old he was when we met...when he was in the hospital, poor kid.

Bekki said...

I can't believe he's 8. When I think of Adam. he's always 3. Maybe it's because that's how old he was when we met...when he was in the hospital, poor kid.

Hollyween said...

I feel so cool because I sat in one of those little blue chairs at your house.
We really should go to lunch sometime...
Congrats on the baptism.
I can't believe I'll have the same experience in two years (let's hope, anyway). I feel too young for it... even though I know I'm NOT!

The Weights said...

He is such a great little boy!! Please congratulate him for me!! He looked so handsome! I am sure that it was a great day!!