Wednesday, April 16, 2008

She Loves Me Ya,Ya..........yah.



Just so you all know, there are consequences for abandoning your infant for 3 days...other than engorgement. Let's just say that the "Trust vs. Mistrust" developmental theory...TRUE...and my baby is sorely mistrusting me these days due to my little selfish escapade to St. George! Rachel is very squeamish about going to anyone but me now, and she cries if I try to put her down - even her walker and high chair are not adequate replacements for my arms. To really put me in my place, Rachel has also sworn off baby food and rice cereal altogether...yes, she's boycotting solids. When I hold her now, which is all day, she has to face me so she can gaze into my eyes and lay her head on me, in alternating succession. Cute, huh? It was for the first day. I thought to myself, "She loves me SOO much...I might as well enjoy it...it won't last forever." It gave me warm fuzzies as I thought about the cheesy "...babies don't keep..." poem old people love to quote, and I held her even tighter...aaahhh! Well, we're now on day
10 of "Lovefest/08", and the fuzzies aren't as warm and they're starting to hurt! Fortunately she's a tiny little gal (15 pounds), which makes lugging her around not as difficult as my friend Dawn's baby Rigdon, would be...
Rigdon and Rachel are two weeks apart, if you can believe it! I'm guessing HE hasn't boycotted a meal...ever! At least if I had to hold Rigdon all day, my upper arms would not be flabby. Eat, Rachel, eat!

On the plus side, I have gotten better at blogging one-handed (I definitely read more than I write!), and so I cling to the only available hobby for a woman with one arm and a love-struck baby. Holding her all day wouldn't be a bad life really, if I didn't have about a half-dozen other family members who also need me. Question: Is modern science any closer to cloning humans these days, cause I could sure use another me or two around here - to do the cooking and cleaning of course, so I can hold Rachel. Babies don't keep, you know...

7 comments:

Suzanne Lancaster said...

This actually makes me want to be with you more too. I think I need to gaze into your eyes, and lay my head on you - see what all the fuss is about!

Lorena said...

I would love to see Suzanne do what she said she would...it would definitely be...um...interesting to say the least.

Also, I am thinking it is not so much the lack of you from that weekend, but the massive influx of the Seeley family members that held her while you were gone. They can be scary!

I guess enjoy it...we all know it won't last...but let her know that she has to be over Lovefest/08 by the time I arrive.

Hollyween said...

Must be the age. The lovefest is happening here too and it all started when I went on a date for a measly TWO hours.
And I laughed out loud at the comparisons between Rachel and your friend's baby. SO FUNNY!

Unknown said...

I remember my sister left her ten month old for three weeks while she toured Europe. He wouldn't let her out of his site for the next year!!!! If she left him with any of us, he would scream the entire time until she got back. At least Rachel recovered better than him. Three weeks as opposed to three days is a serious difference!!!

CHECKETTS BUNCH said...

Stacy - I found you. It's Maren. I have been talking to people about you and they finally told me where I could find your blog. HOW cute your little girl is - all your kids for that matter. I heard you moved back up to good old Utah - so you are enjoying this lovely spring weather as much as I am - right? Well, I would love to hear from you. checkettsbunch.blogspot.net. Hope all is well!

Abbie said...

That's tricky, especially because you have 4 other kids to take care of. At least she super cute. I wouldn't mind havin' a little snuggle with her.

Erin said...

That is sooo cute. :) Lovefest 08 sounds kinda like ContinuousNursing 08. So let's clarify, are your upper arms sore or your, um, nursing apparatuses? LOL