Wednesday, April 30, 2008

13 Years!

Yesterday Cade and I celebrated our 13 year Anniversary. We spent the afternoon and evening in Salt Lake City, kid-less and carefree (thanks to Auntie Dorrie and Grandma Seeley!) and we had so much fun. We started at the Rio Grande Cafe in downtown where we had a delicious lunch (I'm sorry Arizonans, but their salsa surpasses Rosa's by a mile!) Next, we walked over to the Gateway and did a little window shopping. The weather was great and it felt so nice to be out walking around. We then took Trax over to Temple Square where we sat in front of the Salt Lake Temple remembering our Wedding Day and talking to a few of the million Temple Square missionaries (mostly "old duffers" as Cade lovingly refers to them as). After that we Trax-ed our way back to the Gateway where we took in a movie that wasn't rated "G" for the first time in a long time (don't worry, it wasn't "R" either!) called 21 (with Kevin Spacey and Kate Bosworth - very good). Finally, we headed back to Temple Square and ate dinner at The Garden Restaurant on the tenth floor of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, including fried dill pickles as an appetizer (yum-yum). Once we were back home, we were greeted by 5 happy little reminders of what we've "accomplished" in the past 13 years...PLENTY! Happy Anniversary!

10 comments:

Marcie said...

When do I get to tend babies?

Jensons said...

Congrats, thirteen happy years is quite an accomplishment.

Lorena said...

Happy Anniversary!

Surpasses Rosa's, huh? Maybe we need to go there for lunch tomorrow. Tee-Hee!

Melissa said...

Happy Anniversary! You two are still as cute as the day you were married! Here's to 13 more!

Erin said...

Awwww! Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a fun day.

CHECKETTS BUNCH said...

Happy 13th - we are just on your heels. Ours is May 20th. The more I found out I have in common with you the more it scares me. :0) It sounds like a fabulous day. What a cute couple you are. But don't you still feel like you are a "COUPLE" of kids still?

Hollyween said...

Okay, where WERE you yesterday? I was hoping you'd come to the Bpalooza!

But who needs that to get together when you live so close?

Donelle said...

Congrats Stacy! What a great way to celebrate! Randy and I just had out 10! Crazy how the time flies!

Suzanne Lancaster said...

I can't believe you went to a movie without me! We've been together way longer than you and Cade. I am so jealous. Happy anniversary!!

Unknown said...

And to think, I was standing in that same place with you just a few days ago!!! Thanks again for having me. I am having friend withdrawls now.