Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Food, Folks & Fun

I had the BEST weekend ever! My wonderful amazing sister in-law Lorena (Cade's brother's wife) flew up from Arizona on Thursday morning. It was so fun seeing her and catching up on everything. I miss living close to Lorena and being her BFF (thanks a lot for replacing me CINDY!) We talked and ate and ate and talked (my two favorite things!) If that wasn't awesome enough...



I reunited with two of my very best non-family friends, Shawna and Tiffany, to attend Women's Conference and party all weekend (in a righteous way, of course!) We laughed so much that my abs still hurt (no need for crunches here!) We have been friends for over eight years, and although geographically we have spread out a lot from our humble beginnings in Gilbert, AZ, we've never been closer!!


It was definitely a weekend full of the ladies in my life, because on top of reuniting with my gals, my sweet Hannah celebrated her 3rd birthday. I just love her happy exuberant little spirit...it's so addictive. That little girl has more personality in her pinky finger than I have in my whole hand!





I must note that, being the birthday hater, I mean "forgetter" that I am, I planned my whole fun-filled weekend with my friends in total ignorance of my daughter's birthday ( I have a lot of birthdays to remember, okay?) So I left my dear husband with the challenge of making Hannah's birthday perfect and special...without me. He didn't disappoint! He took all 5 kids to the zoo and out to lunch - what a man! He didn't even make me feel guilty about it, either, which is the real kicker. I am married to the most loving, least selfish guy I know and for that I'll be forever grateful and completely unworthy! Okay, I'll stop being cheesy now. Here's a zoo pic with my niece Jessica's kids...did I not mention that Jessica's family was in Utah visiting from Spokane last weekend as well? Well, they were, and I really wish they lived here because her kids are practically the same ages as mine and they have the best time together!

It's now Tuesday and we're back to our regular, crazy lives---I suppose all good things must come to an end, right?


6 comments:

Jessica said...

Hey! There's a picture of my kids! Way to go, Cade!

(Thanks for letting us stay on Sunday. It was perfect...we might be doing that EVERY time we come, because it was so comfortable and fun and made the drive much nicer the next day!)

Suzanne Lancaster said...

I don't know how you packed that much into the weekend! I seriously didn't realize how much you had going on. It looks like you had a great time - without me:( Next time I'm totally crashing your party!!

Lorena said...

Yeah, I'm going through Stacy withdrawals. I don't even know if Cindy can fix those!

The Zoo picture: Um, pretty hilarious. Is Jason crying or is that his lion face? We all know how I feel about lions! Is Tyler mad? What does he have to be mad about?

I love that picture of you and Cade with Hannah. Some cute girl must have taken it.

I know we ate A LOT, but I am still thinking about the two sticky fingers that I left on my plate at Wingers, as well as the fact that we didn't get any dessert there. We'll make up for it in 10 weeks, that's for sure!

Thanks again for letting me crash your party...and yeah, why wasn't Suzanne invited?

CHECKETTS BUNCH said...

Is that Tiffany Wilken? I was really good friends with her sister, Melissa all through jr. high and high school. What a fun weekend! You are so lucky - and for as wonderful as Cade sounds - you will probably have the Mother's Day to remember. Make sure you tell us all about it!

Stacy said...

You're very sweet, Maren. I rarely enjoy Mother's Day because of all the guilt associated with it (I always wondered why my mom cried every Mother's Day...now I know), so Cade's pretty much doomed. And yes, that is Tiffany Wilken and I know some of her many sisters (including Melissa) - what a great family!

Unknown said...

Stacy, I keep having people ask if the blond in my pictures from womens conference (you) is my sister. How do you like that???