Monday, May 12, 2008

My Mom

Top 10 reasons why my mom was BORN to be a grandma
(& why she's still the best mom ever!)

10. She calls regularly to ask if she can tend her grandkids (& I don't think I've ever turned her down!)
9. She actually PLAYS with them (toys, puzzles, games or whatever) and I think she actually ENJOYS it!
8. She always compliments my children on their cuteness, smartness, funniness, etc. and attributes all of it to me and my superior mothering!
7. When she babysits she plays "restaurant" with them to their complete and utter delight! She's ever the happy hostess, waitress, and bussgirl.
6. She has mad skills when it comes to diaper changing & she never shies away from the worst case "scenarios".
5. She never seems flustered, annoyed, or fed up with their constant requests for marshmallows, drinks, crackers, hard-boiled eggs (which she always has on-hand), oranges, ice cream and of course, CANDY.
4. She feels nothing but pride and honor at being labeled "the CANDY Grandma" by her adoring grandchildren and still pretends that her candy stash is very well "hidden" on the middle shelf of her closet (where it's been "hidden" for as long as I can remember!)
3. She doesn't seem to mind any of the other alias's given to her: "The Ninja Turtle Grandma", "The Nachos Grandma", and most recently the "Wii Grandma" to name just a few.
2. She's been practicing and has now fully mastered her "grandma driving", always staying 10-20 miles below the speed limit "just to be safe!"
1. She has somehow managed to make her family her number 1 priority...ALWAYS!
She is one of the most selfless, compassionate, kind-hearted, giving people I know. She has set that example for me and continues to set that example for my children to learn from...Thank You!

Happy Mother's Day, Mom. You are a living legacy of
love and service to our family. We love you!

10 comments:

Lorena said...

I love Cheri, too! In my mind I pretend she is my Mom sometimes. Is that wrong?

Suzanne Lancaster said...

What a nice tribute to mom. What would we do without her?? She's the best - I too have seen the value in all the things I used to take for granted. We are sooo lucky:)

Erin said...

What a great post! She sounds like an awesome grandma--and mom! I love the "hidden" candy stash!

Jessica said...

My mom is the best about diaper changes too...she ALWAYS says, "If you go and get the diaper, I'll change it." Who does that?

Unknown said...

Stacy, that was so sweet. I love her, and I've only met her briefly a couple of times. That was awesome! Does she read you blog?

Unknown said...

Stacy, that was so sweet. I love her, and I've only met her briefly a couple of times. That was awesome! Does she read you blog?

Unknown said...

i have no idea why that posted twice. I just wanted to make twice the impression, I guess. Sorry!

Melissa said...

It is pretty obivious where you got your awesome mom skills!

Do you think she would mind if my girls came over next time she calls to babysit?

Marcie said...

Your mom does rock! And I have offered to watch your kids and you have continually turned me down! Is this trust issue or just that your mom is always getting the good deals? And by the way, I didn't appreciate your comment about my superior blog site. Just because I don't have anything on it...wow.

ortonfive said...

Your mom looks exactly the same!
I finally found your blog and the name made me laugh. Great minds think alike. I can't believe 3 months have flown by and we still haven't gotten together. Let's plan something soon!