Tuesday, September 1, 2009

So, my Tyler is growing up. Last week he landed his first babysitting gig for someone other than me. He has been asking me for months if he could start babysitting. I thought it would be good for him to earn money doing something he likes doing and learn responsibility so I put a plug in for him to several friends and soon enough my sweet friend Emily popped the question:
"Tyler would you like to babysit?"

Tyler of course answered with an enthusiastic "Yes!" He was over the moon about it and began preparing for B-Day. As we were discussing basic babysitting etiquette, I began to get a little emotional about my little boy being big enough to babysit. "Where did all the time go? How did he get so old? That means now I'm old...WAAAAHHHH!!" You know the drill. I sulked while he was off on his first job and marveled at his oldness.

After an hour he returned triumphantly with a glorious five dollar bill clutched in both hands. He was so proud and I was proud too, and I fought the urge to pick him up and cradle him like a baby for old times sake (that would not have gone over very well). The moment was lost when not one minute after returning home Tyler asked if I could take him to the store so he could buy candy and soda! HOORAY! Spoken like a true
non-adult, Tyler. Attaboy!

And YES, I would love to take you to go buy candy and soda!

1 comment:

Ang said...

I'm glad you're back to blogging! Congratulations on your newest "big step". They just keep coming...and they get bigger and bigger. Braelyn started HIGH SCHOOL! How is that supposed to make me feel? Also, congrats on your marathon. I know I don't have that in me, but I think anyone who does is awesome. Miss you!