Monday, September 21, 2009

Oh my HAIR!

Have you ever wondered what your kids would look like if they were the opposite sex? I always did. I used to put hair bows on my boys when they were babies just to see what a little Seeley girl would look like before I had any girls. Well, after yesterday, I no longer have to wonder. I know exactly what a male version of Rachel would look like, thanks to her big sis Hannah!

BEFORE:
AFTER:

Thanks to my next door neighbor Wendy and her scissors we evened things up a bit and now I don't burst into tears every time I look at Rachel. Good thing I have lots of headbands, beanies, bows and flowers to help girl-ify my very boy-ish looking child!
Bye-bye hair, nice knowing ya!
The culprit after some "words" about the horrific nature of her deeds.Moms, now might be a good time to reiterate to your preschool children about the illicit use of scissors. Do it now before it's too late. Let Rachel be an example...don't let your child become the next victim. Or perpetrator.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my!! Poor you! At least the hair stylist looks to be feeling remorse.

Anonymous said...

Oh that stinks! It's a good thing she's such a beautiful little girl! No one would ever mistake her for a boy!!! Fun times!!!

Jessica said...

That is SO obnoxious. I was just thinking how long her hair was getting. I'm sure my fam has shared the Sam/Bekah stories over and over by now!

Unknown said...

Oooohhhhh dear!!! I can only comprehend your pain. I'm so sorry. That little stinker. She won't even remember this. You're the one that has to deal with the trauma!!! :-) Sorry Stace. She does still look way cute.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh!!! I missed the first paragraph about it being Hannah!!! Now, that's even worse! Poor Rachel was just an innocent victim.

Shelley said...

Oh no!! I haven't had to deal with that... so sorry! She still looks super cute with her short hair!

kristin kempton said...

I cannot believe Hannah did that! AND I can only imagine what your reaction was. Did your neighbors hear you scream?

Atleast it has a few months to grow before Christmas pictures!

Love ya!
Kristin

Sarah said...

Let it be known that I feel your pain. I hereby reference March of this year. I think you know what I'm talking about. I am SO sorry, Stacy--but you're right, you have plenty of adorable accessories (the most important ones being her beautiful eyes and smile)

And you WILL laugh someday, . . . right?

Jensons said...

Wow, that is no fun. At least Rachel is so adorable that she still looks cute even with butchered hair.