Wednesday, September 9, 2009

15 years ago

Aren't you so proud of my diligence in posting? I think I might actually be turning over a new leaf!

You see those two lovebirds on the 2nd and 3rd from the left? That's Cade and I and that's what falling in love looks like, baby! This was taken almost exactly 15 years ago (1994) at the top of the "Y' at BYU. We went hiking with a bunch of friends from "the Riv". Love was definitely in the air, although I don't think we had officially said "the words" yet. Tee-hee.

15 years and 5 kids later...

We hiked the "Y" again on Monday (Labor Day) as a family and I couldn't help but think about all that has changed in the last 15 years and all the ways we have been blessed.
I can't wait to see what the next 15 have in store...hopefully I'll be back on the "Y" in 2014 with my husband and kids (and maybe a grandkid or 2).
I'm pretty sure it's good luck.

(p.s. I'll be back posting on Monday after I get back from St. George. I'll miss you.)

5 comments:

Loree said...

cute post! love the "in love" pic. aren't memories the best! you have a beautiful family! I'll be hearing from you in 2014 ;)

Abbie said...

I've known you for almost 15 years.

hahaha. Aw, that picture is fantastic. Cade looks so young. And you look the same - young and beautiful. I still remember how we were all so smitten with you. And we still are.

I AM impressed with all the posts. Now I don't miss you as much.

So, when are you coming to visit?

Jessica said...

1. The best thing about the post is the shorts in picture #1

2. The second best thing is that there are almost the same number of people in both pictures.

3. You write great posts, btw.

Erin said...

I also love the shorts in picture number one. :)

Karen said...

Kelly loved running into you! Small world on the big Y!