Tuesday, September 15, 2009

St. George

Every year for the past three years now, my Arizona BFFs and I go on a trip together and pretend that we aren't getting any older and that we don't have a care in the world because for 4 days, we aren't and we really don't, respectively. It's great fun! First it was the Oregon coast, then it was Chicago. This year we chose somewhere "driveable" for economical purposes and somewhere where we could do a little less sight-seeing and a lot more RELAXING. We chose St. George, Utah. The funny thing is, the girls all chipped in to fly me to Phoenix so we could all drive to St. George together since I'm the only one living out-of-state. So basically, I flew across St. George in an airplane just to spend the next 7 hours driving back. My husband is still shaking his head on that one. But if you are a girl, you understand that if you miss all the female bonding going on in the car-ride you might as well just stay home! It's crazy but it's true. Besides, where else can you sing Kelly Clarkson's "Because of You" at the top of your lungs except in a car with your girlfriends?

I don't have any pictures yet because Tiff was the designated "photographer" with her fancy camera and oodles of "know-how". Once she sends them to me...a-hem...I will post them.

We were lucky enough to score free housing at Jill's in-laws house. They were out-of-town so we had the whole place to ourselves including a gorgeous pool in the backyard to relax in...and we did. Besides doing nothing at the pool, we managed to fit in all the things girls do on getaway trips: eating, pedicures, eating, shopping, eating, chick flick, eating, crafting, eating, card games, eating. Did I mention all the fabulous eating?! It's going to take me weeks to shed those extra pounds, but totally worth it! Luckily we laughed almost as much as we ate, till our sides hurt...I'll call that "ab-work." Exercise...CHECK!

We also tried to season our trip with a little spiritual, and a little cultural, too:

We visited the St. George Utah temple and did an endowment session together. It was a beautiful temple and a special experience to have with the girls.

The highlight of the trip had to be this:

It was amazing! This ampitheatre is a unique experience and the production was fantastic. And yes, there were tears shed.

The trip was everything I hoped it would be, and more. I think I speak for all of us when I say I came home a better wife, mother and friend than when I left.

Can't wait for next year!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen Stacy!!! I promise, I will get the pictures to you soon. I am swamped right now. That's what I get whenever I leave anywhere, and I am leaving again this weekend. Miss ya already!