Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The "p" word...project!

I used to be a project person, but I've avoided them at all cost for the past year. What was I doing all year, you ask?? I was growing a baby which I swear my body is allergic to doing. On top of that we were trying to sell a house, pack up our family and our life and head north to Utah for Cade's new job. After living with Cade's parents for 4 months while we tried to sell our Arizona house, we gave up and found renters instead! As a result, we decided to rent ourselves so as not to have to juggle more than one mortgage in a crazy market. We found this very cute house in Kaysville, Utah.
It suits our family very well and we hope to buy it at the end of the year if all goes well. There's plenty of room here for us and all our stuff. It's within short walking distance to the school, it's across the street from the church, and there are parks and a fishing pond just down the street. The neighborhood is filled with cute and rambunctious kids like my own, so it's practically perfect...practically! While the inside of the house is a little bland and outdated, the owner must have decided to REALLY make up for it with this room which sleeps all of the boys...YIKES!! I have dubbed it the lemon & lime sherbet room, and I firmly believe that walls should not ever be the same color as ice cream flavors! So, believe it or not Stace ventured warily back into "project world" for a day to do something about these walls. With the guarded permission of the home owner to paint (how could I make it any worse??), I was ready to go. Luckily I have a sister who LOVES projects and has made them her life's work. Not only is she always doing a home project on her own home, which is beautiful, she is constantly volunteering to help neighbors, friends and family members do theirs. She loves making rooms look better and mine was no exception! I bought the paint and supplies needed plus a big bag of Smarties to keep the kids at bay all day long so we could work, and we did. It took very little money and time (1/2 day) which is why it was so much fun. Here's the after picture I know you've been waiting for...

Aaaahhhh...much better!! What was the boys' reaction? They, of course, preferred the sherbet...big surprise. I just need a few accessories and, according to Cade, a huge blue "Y" in the middle of the wall and I'll be done. Thanks for your help, Suz!!! On to the next project...maybe not!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Looks good! I just hate painting, maybe Suzanne could come help me?

Lorena said...

Very nice...looks SO much better. Must have been all of the stuff we did at our house that inspired you.

Erin said...

It looks great! I love the color. I have such a hard time picking paint colors...let's just say that my kitchen has been FOUR (yes FOUR) shades of green since we moved in. YIKES. Don't ever invite me to spearhead a project. ;)

Unknown said...

Stacey, it is beautiful!!!!! I love it. What a cute, great house. I can't wait to see it in person, in May, need I remind you.