Thursday, March 20, 2008

I have a problem...

I'll admit it...I have a problem. I like to match my kids...okay...there, I said it! When my second child, Adam, was born, and I bought Tyler and Adam matching outfits for the first time, something happened inside of me and I have been fighting the urge to match my kids ever since!!
Maybe it's because my mom always dressed me and my two older sisters alike and everyone always said "oh, how cute...are they TRIPLETS?" which I delighted in because I was clearly the youngest of the three. Maybe it's because I've always fantasized about having twins and dressing them exactly alike. I'm not really sure why I like to dress my kids alike, and perhaps I'll never know. I do know this, Cade strongly dislikes it (maybe THAT'S why I do it!) He used to just think it was cheesy and obnoxious, but now that I have 5 kids there are obvious financial repercussions associated with buying 5 of the exact same thing! I decided to document my "problem" with a few pictures:
It all started with matching Tyler and Adam on Sundays for Church only...
Matching them on the other 6 days of the week soon followed suit...
The problem quickly escalated with the birth of our third son, Jason. Now it's 3 white tees, 3 pairs of camo shorts...you get the idea.
I matched their outerwear...

...AND their underwear!
How cute is that..."Are they TRIPLETS?!"

Here is the only form of matching that Cade approves of...sports uniforms!

Sometimes I compromise and get them different colors of the same shirt...
but it's just not the same!!
Having a girl took my game to a whole new level - the challenge now was making Hannah match the boys without compromising her feminity. So fun!!

I can count on about two fingers how many times Cade's allowed us to match as an entire family...this was a happy day for me! Sorry Cade!

The only thing better than matching boys? Matching GIRLS, of course!! I know I have a problem, but for the record, I hope I'm never cured.
(p.s. the Easter dresses have been purchased...YIPPEE!)

6 comments:

Grandma Cathryn said...

Rule #1: Never listen to Cade, especially when it comes to matching kids clothes. Are you kidding?!?Look how cute those kids have been over the years. And while I'm on the subject....
Rule #2: Never listen to Cade when it comes to his stupid rule about NEVER adding fruit and vegetables to bread i.e., banana bread, zucchini bread, etc.
In fact, you have my permission to never listen to Cade. Ha!

Unknown said...

Stacey, you want to know something funny? I have never, ever matched my kids besides coordinating colors for family pictures. After seeing how cute your family looks all matchy, match, my eyes have literally been opened to all sorts of wardrobe possibilities. Thanks Stace!!! Danjee will love you.

Donelle said...

I love matching as well! However, I have no luck with getting Randy to match with us! So far, I can only have enough pull to match all the kids. The girls have purple Easter dresses and I'm still looking for purple ties for the boys :) It's so much fun!

Lorena said...

Yes, I have your problem, too, and I don't care. Actually, this year Dane suggested that we buy all three girls the same dress instead of same dress/different color. I have converted him, finally!

Erin said...

SO CUTE. :) I love the matching. I was sad when my kids officially became too old to fit into the semi-matching Carter's or Old Navy baby clothes. Boy/Girl just isn't the same...

Erin said...

SO CUTE. :) I love the matching. I was sad when my kids officially became too old to fit into the semi-matching Carter's or Old Navy baby clothes. Boy/Girl just isn't the same...