Sunday, November 7, 2010

My New Gig

I got called to be 1st counselor in the Young Women's presidency a few weeks ago. I was very humbled and nervous to be working with teenage girls. I remember being a Mia Maid myself (14 & 15 years old). That was a difficult and important time in my life, and my Young Women leaders played a pivotal role in helping get through those difficult years. I now realize the sacred and important responsibility I have of teaching and helping these girls remember who they are and where they are going. Wow! The fun and easy part of this calling is that these girls are AMAZING! They are cute and fun and supportive of each other and of me and we have fun a laugh a lot. Their testimonies are strong and they are trying to live the gospel every day. I get to work with my next door neighbor Wendy (she's my advisor) and we make a pretty good team if I do say so myself. This calling is a far cry from Primary chorister which is what I was before (and I LOVED it!) but I am trying my best to do what I can for these cute girls. I think about the fact that someday soon my own 2 daughters will be this age and I know I will be depending on their leaders to help them and guide them along. That makes me want to try even harder!

Love 'em!



4 comments:

Abbie said...

I was primary chorister when I got called to YW. Two best calling EVER! Those girls are so lucky to have you. You are the best!

Unknown said...

Love it Stace! I'm so glad your girls are sweet. that makes the calling so much funner!

Carr Family said...

congrats on your new calling... YW is definitely the place to be!

benandnatty said...

Those girls couldn't have a better leader and I can tell how much they LOVE you already!