Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hannah the Problem Solver

Yesterday Rachel was causing me all sorts of grief. First, she scribbled red marker on herself, the walls and the tile. Then she reached for the hand soap in the bathroom and emptied about half the bottle on my coffee table among other places. I yelled out, exasperated "Rachel, you're driving me CRAZY!" Hannah sees the mess, hears my response and soberly offers a solution: "Mom, I think maybe we should just get rid of her." Of course I have to burst out laughing, being the responsible mother that I am. I continued to chuckle while scrubbing marker off every household surface and removing gooey hand-soap from the coffee table. I'm still laughing about it.

And no, we will not be "getting rid" of Rachel. Even though she's super naughty... I still like her.

8 comments:

Carr Family said...

Dawn and I are laughing our heads off:) Rigdon and Dallan have the same problem.

Mike and Emily said...

That is the best! She is genius! Why didn't you think of that one yourself? Geeze, it was a no brainer. You gotta love your problem solver.

Anonymous said...

HILARIOUS!!!!

Unknown said...

That's hillarious Stace. Kids say the darndest things.

Jensons said...

Ha Ha, that is great!

Donelle said...

I hear you. And don't think I haven't thought about Brooklyn spending a few days...somewhere else:) She is rotten!

Jensons said...

Cute Picture at the top of your blog!!! I love it!

Sarah said...

Kids are hilarious! I too have uttered that phrase in a moment of desperation. Unfortunately, my 2 1/2 year old picked up on it and says to his toys when he is frustrated, "you makin' me cwazy!" Nice move, Mrs. Droubay! I make promises every day to be more patient, and then I break them. Dang it all! VERY cute pictures, by the way.