Friday, October 9, 2009

Rachel's growing UP (seriously).

Yes...pre-boycut, I mean haircut!
This girl has been cracking me up lately. She's been talking up a storm, which shouldn't surprise anyone who's ever been around her older sister Hannah (who never stops talking...ever). Some of the cute/funny/adorable things she's said lately:
  • while eating "yum,yum,yum...delicioso!" (courtesy of Dora the Explorer)
  • An too-enthusiastic-to-be-genuine-but-nevertheless-it-is "Thanks, mom!" for such mundane things as changing her diaper, taking her out of her crib, putting her shoes on, etc.
  • It starts out in a panic "MOMMY! MOM! MMOOOMMM!...then morphs into a sweet little sing-song-voice: "I lloovvee you, Mom."
  • I'll ask her to throw her wrapper away to which she responds: "Sure Mom!" like she's twelve or something. Ridiculous.
  • To complete strangers while pinching a lock of her hair: "Hannah cut my hair!" I guess it saves me the explanation, so it's all good. It's getting pretty old to Hannah, however: "Can we please stop talking about this now!" Um, no. Not until I'm thoroughly convinced you'll never do it again.
I figured I'd better record these little sound bytes here before I forget. My baby's growing up. Speaking of which, I took Rachel to the pediatrician yesterday, who matter-of-factly told me my baby daughter is mostly likely going to grow up to be at least 6 feet tall. SAY WHAT? I figured my boys would likely tower over me when they got older, but my little Rachel? Crazy. Cra-zy. I can't write anymore, I have a lump in my throat.

(p.s. You may want to watch your back, Hannah...or maybe your long, beautiful hair. Yes, Rachel's growing up...really, really UP!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! She is too cute! Can she marry Rigdon?

Jensons said...

Wow six feet! What do doctors know anyway.....