Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I'm Baaaack!

Not that anyone actually navigates over to my blog anymore after my ridiculous 2+ month hiatus, but for the one or two of you who haven't totally given up on me, I'm back and you don't have to look at my "Happy Holidays" background anymore...I fast-forwarded to "Retro Spring". Nice.

If we must play the blame game, and I do feel we must...I blame Old Man Winter. Yes, Old Man Winter hates me, he's out to get me. It's his fault I stopped blogging...and cooking...and cleaning...and cracking a smile. I hate that guy! He left me alone for the 8 years we lived in Arizona and I almost forgot about him, too. Last year we moved from the in-laws house to our own and so the elation from that transition carried me through until Spring and I was able to give to give Old Man the "cold shoulder" so to speak. This year he's been my constant companion since about mid-November. I've tried to combat him, really I have...with my dear hubby's help. In an effort to keep me constantly warm, my birthday/Christmas presents consisted of:

  • a space heater - that really warm one from Costco! I cart it around the house with me.
  • an electric mattress pad - I just preheat the bed every night so I don't have to do "snow-angels" under my covers for 10 minutes.
  • lot's of hoodies and sweats so my bare skin doesn't ever have to come in contact with Old Man Winter.
  • really good snow boots so my little piggies will never be chilled on the rare occasion that I venture outdoors.
  • an electric blanket that I returned to Target because I thought it was overkill. I'm now re-thinking that decision.
  • Other items that I've put to good use this winter: our fireplace (I don't even look at the gas bill, not that it would stop me!), my hot cocoa machine (thanks Lorena) and last but not least, my jet tub.
Have I forgotten anything?

This morning I woke up and decided today was the day to "get over it" and snub Old Man Winter once and for all by returning to my normal activites. As I walked down the stairs, humming a tune, I glanced outside to discover a blanket of fresh snow and flakes the size of...really big snowflakes! It's now 11:00 a.m. and they're still coming down fast and furious, but I don't care because I'm BLOGGING! Ha! Ha! Take that, Old Man Winter. Even you can't stop me. I may not have taken any pictures since December to blog about and my memory card may be lost (isn't that ironic?), preventing me from taking any pictures anytime soon. My 18 month-old may be permanently latched onto my leg, whining pathetically as I type away. Yes, my computer may be on it's last leg, shutting down for no reason in the middle of my post so soon after conquering a "trojan virus" (sounds ominous), but by gar I will persevere to the end or at least until I've pressed "publish post". I owe it to my devoted reader(s?)

For those who have been wondering what you've missed during Seeley Winter Hiatus '09 the answer is...unfortunately not much! I will catch up soon...baby steps. Now if you don't mind I'm going to show Old Man Winter who's boss by attending to my personal hygiene and maybe even fixing the girls some yummy lunch. I feel stronger already.

Hurry Spring. (Pleeeease)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you're winning the fight! I was so sad every time I looked to see if you had posted, only to be disappointed! I love a good laugh and you always keep me entertained! Keep those toes warm! Love ya dawn

Ang said...

So fun to hear from you! I've been checking in occasionally to see what new and fun things you have been doing, only to be left wondering where you had gone... Thanks for the sweet note and extras in my order. Brooklyn is even cuter (is that even possible?) with her Pretty Petals accessories.

I sure miss you. I'll hope for an early spring for you!

Jodi said...

I am so glad that you have decided to embrace winter. It will be over soon and you might even miss waking up and having the world look like a frosted birthday cake! I am glad to see you finally got to posting after your tease the other day! I love you Stace. I am glad you are willing to sacrifice for the benefit of me and all of the other lucky people who get to live by you.

Abbie said...

You make me laugh. Welcome back. You could always visit Texas!

The Miller Family said...

Yeah! I went to the blog expecting to see the holiday potpourri once again and imagine my joy to see a new post! We too are expecting a cool front here in Louisiana - tomorrow's high will only be in the 60's so we're planning on bundling up! Try to stay warm and Good Luck beating those winter blues.

Carr Family said...

I think I should fess-up and tell you that Old Man Winter and I are in cahoots. It's all part of an elaborate scheme to get you back in Arizona (70 degrees today). I can see that it's not going to work, so I give up. Dang it. Seriously though, I'm glad you've got a new outlook and that your blogging again, I've missed your updates. Keep the faith Stac-Spring is right around the corner!! Love ya!

whatyoudidn'tKNOWlton said...

I love you! You should write a book, you make me laugh!

benandnatty said...

You're back!! I always read your posts and smile inside! I should give that "Old Man Winter" a talkin' to for keeping you from a post in so long! Alas, you're back and I can look forward to more great insights from such a fabulous lady!

kristin kempton said...

I'm glad you're back! I was so excited to see a new entry on your blog! Also, Thanks for the email. It's always so good to hear from you. We are looking forward to seeing you in April! I hope you have a WARM day!
Much love,
Kristin

Unknown said...

I was so happy to catch up on your life Stace. I love your guts.