Friday, February 20, 2009

Confessions of a Mom-aholic


On Wednesday night I celebrated the fact that my husband was not out of town for a change, by leaving him with the kids and having a girls' night with my little sis. We first went to California Pizza Kitchen downtown and had a delicious dinner that I had spent all day starving myself for. Then we hit a few stores at the Gateway that I am either not cool enough for (Anthropologie) or apparently not slutty enough for (Wet Seal). Good times! Then it was off to the movies. We saw "Confessions of a Shopoholic" which was pretty good I have to admit. We snapped these photos in the theater before the movie started. These were the best we could do (you should have seen the out-takes...scary). As you can see, we even traded seats to see if that would help our cause (to get the very best picture of the both of us). It really didn't. We pigged out on candy (smuggled in, of course) and for the first time in quite a while I didn't feel like the beleaguered, overwhelmed, distracted mother of five that I am. I have found that when I take a time-out from the daily grind for even a few hours, I feel renewed, invigorated, better. Many thanks to Suz for being there for me. Many thanks to Cade for being a great and supportive husband to me. The best part of the night had to be coming home to a clean house that I didn't have to clean and sleeping kids that I didn't have to put to bed. Not only that, Cade had helped Tyler study for his spelling test and read scriptures with the kids (our new goal that is really really hard to do consistently). Maybe the weight of the world (or at least this household) isn't entirely on my shoulders after all!

3 comments:

Carr Family said...

You look so great! I'm glad you got to have a fun girls day, those are the best!! When are you coming down to AZ? I'm ready for our girls day!!

Bekki said...

I've missed you, friend.

Donelle said...

Girls nights are the best! So glad you are back to the blogging world. We've missed you:)