Monday, September 29, 2008

CHICAGO, What a Wonderful Town!

I don't mean to sound braggy, but I have the BEST best friends in the whole wide world. The five of us became friends years ago while living in the same ward/neighborhood in Gilbert, Arizona. We became very close and decided, once we each started moving away, that we would keep our friendship intact no matter what! So our solution was to get together at least once a year, just the girls! The tradition began last year with a trip to the Oregon coast. We had the best time and laughed the ENTIRE trip - what therapy! In deciding where to go this year, we all wrote down a city or place we wanted to visit and put it in a hat. We drew...CHICAGO! None of us had ever been there and I wasn't sure how I felt about going to such a BIG, UNFAMILIAR place but from the minute I got there and reunited with my girls, I knew I would have the best time...and I did!!!
Highlights included:
THE AMAZING VIEWS...
THE FOOD...mmmmm!
(This little breakfast shop is RIGHT under the L-train track,
but the cinnamon rolls were to die for...what noise??)

THE SIGHTS...

We were quite the sight, 5 old ladies riding our "cruisers" around town. I was extremely hesitant about making a fool of myself, but we had SO much fun, it was well worth it!
THE MANY "L" TRAIN RIDES...BEING PRINCESS FOR A DAY...
(some people thought I may have let the crown go to my head,
but I actually wore it with all the humility I could muster...sheesh!)

AND THE ULTIMATE HIGHLIGHT?...
AMAZING!!
The ONLY lowlight...

WAAAHH!!

17 comments:

Steph said...

okay I am so jealous! that looks like so much fun. What an awesome tradition you have!!

Shelley said...

I miss all of you guys!! You really do have great friends :) And what a fun trip! Wicked is the best. And you all look great too!

Jill said...

AHHHHH - I miss you all so much!!!! Can we go back tomorrow???? :) lol!!!

whatyoudidn'tKNOWlton said...

Looks like fun!!!

Lorena said...

Yeah, we should start a SIL trip every year...no fair!

Loree said...

Looks like your trip was a BLAST! so fun! I am jealous too. I would love to go on a friend getaway. maybe one day! Chicago is on my list! take care :)- loree Zito

Jodi said...

You should be bragging about friends like that. We need them to keep us sane!! Thanks for being the kind of friend I can brag about. I love ya!

Abbie said...

two words: FUN and JEALOUS! Nothing like being with the girls.

Unknown said...

so fun!!!! It made me want to go back all over again. I have been playing Wicked since i got back. Jill and I are going to go see it in Phoenix next summer and take our girls. won't that be awesome? You are the best Stace. I miss you so much my heart hurts.

Jessica said...

I loved hearing all about that trip. I'm so glad you have such great friends! Where are you going next year?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have been having a great time. You look GREAT!! So when can Sarah and I come for a visit?

Donelle said...

Looks like so much fun! Us girls went to Wicked this year as well. Tina was telling me about the hat idea...and we may have to steal it. Girls trips are the best.

*Monica* said...

So Stacy, how do you feel about tags, because I just tagged you. =)

Hollyween said...

I went to Chicago once for a week and had a ball. Did you get a billygoat cheeseburger? They are THE BEST! That place is so much fun.

Mike and Emily said...

What a FUN trip! It seems to me that we need to get a bunch of girls and start doing some fun things like that here, even if it is Park City for the night. So glad to be getting to know you, fun lady!

Erin said...

How FUN! I have a group of girls like that at work--last year we went to San Fran. Can you say therapeutic?? It was sooo fun. :) I'm glad you have that too!

Jensons said...

That looks like so much fun, I am jealous.