Monday, September 15, 2008

Blogging Because I "Half" to!

Today is the official half-way mark for September, so I figured I'd catch you up on about half of the things we've been up to these past few weeks in a pathetic attempt to redeem myself for weeks, and I suppose months of half-hearted blogging:

1. We drove for half a day to reach destination CANADA (specifically Lethbridge, Alberta)!!! We caravan-ed with Suzanne and her kids and my mom. We had sooo much fun visiting all the Peterson relatives and doing all the things we love to do: eat, play and relax (okay, mostly eat!) Here are the Seeley and Lancaster boys at "Head Smashed in Buffalo Jump". Yes, that really is the name of a cliff that is now a popular tourist attraction. Quite an interesting story, actually...
Suzanne, me, Grandma P. and my mom at Fort McCloud

2. The boys started school - I cried for half the day, and did the "Happy Dance" for the other half (we had just returned from Canada the day before, mind you).

Jason - 1st grade, Tyler - 4th grade, Adam - 3rd grade
(Tyler and Adam are clearly only half as excited as Jason is about the first day of school.)

3. Rachel got half the Birthday Party that she deserved, due to my issues with throwing parties. She's only 1 though, so she doesn't know what she's missing...yet!

Fortunately, we compensated for lack of a party with a little extra attention
(as if she needed any more!)
As always, only half of the birthday cake ended up in her mouth.
Of course, we wouldn't have it any other way.

4. Cade decided it was time to free up half of his weekends by teaching the boys to mow the lawn (conveniently at the onset of college football season...hmmmm). Tyler did half...
...and Adam did the other half. Awesome job, guys!!
5. Soccer season started, meaning we get to spend half of our lives running to and from 3 different practices during the week and attending 3 different games at 3 different times and locations with a baby and a 3 year-old in tow! Aaahhhh, the joy!
Jason's team - The Black Widows
Adam's team - Green Eggs & Ham
Tyler's team - The Red Dragons
6. Hannah started dance lessons - the day I've waited half my life for. Hannah could not be any more excited for "ballerina class" and would wear that dang pink leotard all day and night if I had half a mind to let her. Don't worry, I don't.
(Did I just insult myself?)
Sweet little Rachel spends half of the time getting in to things that she shouldn't...
...and the other half getting into things she shouldn't (you do the math!)
Now that I'm half-way asleep (and you probably are, too) I'll give it a rest and go to bed and dream about...Chicago! Did I mention I'm going there in less than 36 hours?



11 comments:

Jamie said...

Stacy, your blog is so cute and your family is BEAUTIFUL! I think my dad sent me your blog address from your mom?? Anyway, looks like you are all doing great! (this is your cousin Jamie (Peterson) Giles, by the way) :)

Loree said...

Stacy, I found your blog and was so excited to see how your cute family is doing in utah! I hope you remember me. Carly was in your first pre-school class and she still talks about you and wishes you were still her teacher. infact i have been thinking about you too lately. i am finally scrapbooking carly's preschool adventures 3 years behind schedule! Those were good days :0) congrats on sweet baby girl #5! I put your link on my blog. hope you don't mind. you can check out mine at...
loreeandleonard.blogspot.com
Looks like all is well with the Seeley's and I love seeing all that green lucious grass & green trees. so pretty. Glad to find you take care! - Loree Zito

benandnatty said...

You are so cute! I love your creative ideas for blogging, they are my favorite ones to read. I can't believe how cute your kiddies are! I hope you have a great time in Chicago!!

Donelle said...

I love to read your blog and catch up on the lives of the Seeley fam. I ran into Tina my last visit to AZ and she was telling me about the trip to Chicago. Girls trips are the best. We went to LA to see Wicked this year. Have a great time and tell everyone hello for me :)

whatyoudidn'tKNOWlton said...

If I were HALF as lucky as you my kids would mow the lawn too! I guess I'll just have to wait! Have fun in Chicago! : (

Marcie said...

Thanks for the fun update! It's good you are carrying on in a half-$*#&@ way like Cade and I have been for years! Hugs!

Jodi said...

Stacy, you are so creative! I feel lucky to know you. I am in awe of your oh so many talents. You amaze me!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad your blogging again. I can relate to the soccer practice as Ashlynn Gunner Mason and Sienna are all playing. Fortunatly the boys are on the same team. Coach Ben and Andrew had to talk them into a not so gay name for the team when they wanted to be the FLAMING dragons or the FLAMING fire balls! They gently suggested that we stay away from FLAMING, and they became the Dark Knights.

Sarah said...

Very creative, Stacy. Well done!

scott said...

Hey Cade and Stacy,
It was awesome to see your blog. Your family is beautiful.

Talk to you later,

Scott and Melissa Shipley

Anonymous said...

For just one day I would love to experience your creativity...actually my kids would probably love it more!!! I love your 'half' report!!