Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Seeley's Visit

Dane and Lorena graced us with an 11-Day trip to sunny Utah from even sunnier Arizona! It was their va-cation and our stay-cation (since we spent as much money...minus the small fortune in gas... as they did having fun and eating out!) Some of the highlights of the trip included:

THE DINOSAUR PARK!


LAGOON!(by the way, Hannah & Brookie's cars stayed in that exact spot
for the entire duration of the "ride"!)Hannah kept going on this ultra-lame ride until she could get the all-important elephant-with-the-PINK-collar. Girls.

After roasting in line for 30 minutes...we finally cooled off on Rattlesnake Rapids!

The RIO GRANDE CAFE (mmm...Mexican.)

...and the GATEWAY!

THIS IS THE PLACE HERITAGE PARK
(The kids were very concerned about the goat biting off Rachel's toes -
don't worry, they're still attached!)


I got to visit my great-great-grandfather John Fairbanks' ancestral home!


The kids' got pony rides...

and ice cream, so there was a little something for everyone!

We enjoyed good quality SISTER-IN-LAW TIME...
...GIRL-COUSIN-IN-MATCHING-JAMMIES TIME...
...and MALE-BONDING TIME!
What more could you ask for?
Thanks Dane, Lorena, Andrew, Cassandra, Elena and Brooke for the great times! We miss you already...come again soon!

9 comments:

Lorena said...

You guys were the best cruise directors a family could ask for! The kids are still talking about all of the fun times. Can we do it again next year?

Carr Family said...

Wow, you sure know how to entertain your guests! You look great Stacy, what's your secret?!

Anonymous said...

Well I definately want to come and visit the seeley's! Who knew so much fun was to be had. I think I was 14 last time I was in Utah. And you do look GREAT!

Suzanne Lancaster said...

All I can say is, I'm glad to have you back. That was the longest 11 days of my life!! Welcome back :)

Jill said...

Cute pix! It was so fun to meet you...you are so cute, funny, and I had a blast chatting with you and the girls at dinner!
Have a great week :)

Jodi said...

Stacy, you have sucha creative way of writing. As you know, Jon's sister has been visiting. I can't wait to write about our "staycation" and we can compare notes.
Jodi

Donelle said...

Looks like you had so much fun!

Abbie said...

so fun. miss them az seeleys myself.

Marcie said...

Fun! I hate to make this all about me, but look what I discovered - how to put a picture on my comments!!