Monday, August 18, 2008

Oh Where, Oh Where Has Our Summer Gone?

We've done a little school shopping.
(of course, the one NOT going to school this year got the most "school" clothes...sorry boys.)I did the Breaking Dawn Release Party at Barnes & Noble...
...with a couple of friends/Edward groupies.
I managed to find time to neglect my poor children for a few days to get in a good summer read...and it was so worth it.
I finally let the kids have their much-anticipated snow-cone/cookie stand. They each earned some spending money for our upcoming trip to Canada. Cade had each of them take out tithing on what they earned and fill out a tithing slip. On Sunday they all happily gave their envelopes to the Bishop...except Hannah! As the chapel began to quiet down for sacrament meeting, she very loudly declared "But Mommy, if I give the Bishop my money then I won't have any left for candy at the gas station!!!" It's all about the candy at our house...seriously.
My sister Suz and I continue on our business adventure a.k.a The Pretty Petal. We've done 3 home parties this month as well as Summerfest in Bountiful City. We're having so much fun and dream of actually being profitable...someday!!

Other things we did that I didn't take pictures of:
  • Family Night at the Bees game
  • Swimming & more swimming
  • Family barbecues
  • Lots of Arizona peeps visiting
  • More dentist visits than I care to count
  • The boys' soccer camp - they're so dang cute
  • Watching the Olympics (and loving every minute of it!)
There, I did it...I'm all caught up on the blog (I promise you that a highly funny/interesting post is on the horizon...really) Well, we're off to Canada now - I'll try not to forget the camera!

10 comments:

kristin kempton said...

Stacy,
Of course, Hannah has more "school clothes"! Isn't that the way it's supposed to be? She is adorable! Thanks for the email...I'm looking forward to hearing about your Canada trip! Didn't we say we were going to start planning our cruise in August? Well, it's August and I'm ready to start planning. Call me when you get back!
Much love,
Krsitin

Unknown said...

Stacy, I just made an official order on your site! Yipee. What a cute and fun thing to do with Suz. I am so excited for you, and I am excited to get my cute stuff. :-)

Jessica said...

Loved the catch up. And the ONLY reason I pay my tithing instead of spending it on candy, is the scale.

We need to talk once in a while, you know.

Oh, and I need a refresher on that yummy cake recipe.

whatyoudidn'tKNOWlton said...

We miss the Seeley's!! It's been an eternity since we've played!!

Anonymous said...

So glad to see an update.I too neglected my children and house work for a few days to read my new book.(Edward fan) I was glad to see Jacob found someone too.       love ya,             Dawn

Bekah said...

Hannah is adorable as usual! I miss you guys! Have fun in Canada!

Abbie said...

Thank you! I feel like I got my UT Seeley dose.

P.S. we miss you!

Jodi said...

Ok Stacy, talk about miss popular!! What a cute family. I am so glad to live by you!Jodi

Jenny said...

Stacy! Remember me??.. Jenny Chatwin. I found you! We are living in Moab, Ut where Corey is fulfilling a life-long dream of being a Colorado river guide. Clancey is 11 and Lucas is 9, and last year we had a baby girl..Cedar. Let's keep in touch.

Jenny said...

I realize I put my last name in my previous comment to you. Could you delete the comment? I usually don't put that "out there." Thanks! Your kids are soo cute!