Sunday, July 13, 2008

Top 10 Things to Blog About Over the Past 2 Weeks
(In no Particular Order)

10. Hannah gave herself a haircut.Everyone else's kids give themselves haircuts at one time or another but I thought my kids and I had an understanding...apparently not. I was tidying up in the bathroom last weekend when I discovered a drawer-ful of hair and a pair of Skissors lying menacingly on the counter. I screamed because a giant wad of hair was the last thing I expected to see next to the toothpaste. I knew from the length and color of the hair that it was Hannah's and that she had to have done a bang-up job. I ran into her room where she was pretending to be asleep and, sure enough! She had given herself a rather modern, asymmetrical cut and some short bangs that we have been growing out for over a year. Luckily, we were able to get a pretty cute A-line bob out of it, courtesy of Supercuts. Because of Hannah's distaste for admission of any wrongdoing, she will proudly announce to everyone that she likes her hair much better now. Stinker.

9. My Children's Place order arrived and my boys cried because I made them wear their new sweater vests to church.To add insult to injury I threatened to take away video games for a whole week if they didn't smile for the camera...don't they look genuine? I do so love a smart sweater vest, even if it is 95 degrees outside and my children want to kill me.

8. We had our first and hopefully last bunny fatalityOn that fateful day, Hannah came running into the house exclaiming happily "Mom, Oreo is okay, mom...she's Oooo-Kaaaay!" which, of course, alerted me to the fact that Oreo was probably NOT okay. Tyler read my mind and ran out to the bunny cage where he discovered Oreo's lifeless body. He brought her into the house, sobbing uncontrollably and much drama ensued...tears, accusations, more tears. We are still unclear about Oreo's cause of death and getting the solid truth out of a three year-old is next to impossible as her story changes with each retelling. Adam asked me later on that day if Hannah could still go to heaven for hurting Oreo. I took that golden opportunity to teach my children a little gospel lesson about love and forgiveness...and accidents. We will miss you, Oreo!

7. We discovered Rachel is definitely a water baby.Okay, so this is really a shameless attempt to show off how adorable my baby is in her stars & stripes swimsuit. She does love the water!

6. The boys discovered that sleeping on the trampoline is fun!...However, I'm still a little freaked out and often find myself sleeping on the couch with the windows open, listening for abductors...not so fun.

5. My sister Suzanne and I became "carnies".We debuted our Pretty Petal merchandise at the Centerville 4th of July carnival. We did very well and had a blast! Our website is now up and running, too! (www.theprettypetal.com)

4. We still managed to enjoy some family time together watching fireworks and chillin' out.Cheese! (Apparently Adam has the "Say Cheese Disease"...poor kid!)

3. Cade showed off his mad snow-cone making skills to the delight of all who partook.You have a gift Cade, don't ever forget it!

2. Hannah and her cousin, Carly were inexplicably overcome with affection towards one another.
I snapped the picture upon realizing that they were ACTUALLY hugging and not hurting...maybe there is hope for those two after all!

1. I headed up to Spokane, Washington with the kids to visit Cade's niece, Jessica, and her family. We had so much fun! Details and photo documentation are forthcoming...just as soon as I finish unpacking!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...that's so dang cute! sounds like you are having a good time...sad to hear the complaints of 95 degrees...I'll trade you!!?!?! Hehehe

whatyoudidn'tKNOWlton said...

So cute! I'm glad I'm not the only mom that makes her kids wear cute clothes that they hate! we missed you and congrat's on the carnival!

Anonymous said...

Well When Sienna saw Hannah's picture she was sure it was of her.Having just received a haircut very similar, thanks to a sister in law who gave her a cut without consulting me as to the lenght. I am trying not to be bitter. Maybe next year we can have a pony tail again. Shealso noticed that Hannah stole her pajamas!! You have such cute kids!

Bekki said...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah! I miss you!
I am also sad that you didn't force Cade into a sweater vest- We ALL know how much he loves- the sweater.

Lorena said...

OK, so I had heard some of those stories. Can't wait to see you! We will be arriving Friday afternoon...I just got coverage. I will call you later. Do you think you can handle us for 11 days?

Unknown said...

You are the most creative blogger ever!!!! I love reading your stuff and I really feel bad for poor Oreo. We miss you here!! Its not the same without you.

Abbie said...

I can't wait to see all y'all. Only 15 days!

Hey, at least Hannah didn't dye her hair pink ;).

Carr Family said...

Hi Stac! I love keeping up with my favorite Utah family! Congrats on your pretty petal success. Sorry to hear about Oreo. Our first bunny, Jo, got sick and died in my arms while the kids were in bed. It was the worst day ever, still makes me cry. Love ya!

Sarah

Lisa Haws and family said...

we'll be there on friday afternoon too!! can you handle us for 11 days? (just kidding) but seriously, let's all get together... my twin sister thinks both your and lorena's blog are so funny that she asked if she could come along too! we pretty much don't have any plans after my nephew's wedding on tuesday the
22nd and we're staying till sunday the 27th. So let's party.... i miss seeing you. lisa

Suzanne Lancaster said...

Love Hannah's hair short! See ya :)