Monday, June 9, 2008

Bunnytown!

We love babies! Since we've already met our quota of human babies here at the Seeley residence...we decided to adopt bunny babies! Here are "Lucky" and "Oreo" - so cute! This is a very big step for our family. The only pets we've ever had in our 13 years of marriage have been goldfish...until now. This is due, in part, to the fact that my dear sweet husband pretty much despises all animals, even very cute and cuddly ones. Cats are definitely out, dogs are out, birds are out, everything is out. The only pets Cade had as a child were rabbits, so when our neighbors showed us their new bunny litter, Cade's cold, cold heart began to melt to the point that we bought into our possession not one, but TWO cute, lovable, furry little bunnies. The kids are crazy about the bunnies and so is half the neighborhood, so I'm really glad they live outside.


Cade even spent a week's worth of spare time and a small fortune making the "Mack-Daddy" of all rabbit hutches for Oreo and Lucky to reside, and the kids helped paint it. Cade claims that the bunnies are sisters, but I know he secretly hopes that one of the "shes" is a "he" so we can enjoy even more bunnies, but he would never admit that! So far I haven't witnessed any incestuous shenanigans, but you know I'll keep you posted...literally.

9 comments:

Marcie said...

Those are very cute! And the hutch looks structurally sound! Good job, Cade.

Jessica said...

Are you sure he just didn't steal that rabbit hutch from the Richfield house?

Jensons said...

I am rooting for the he/she scenario myself.....it would be great to see that beautiful hutch decked out with about 10 more bunnies.

Carr Family said...

I'm so happy for you! We have a sweet little bunny named Punkin, the kids love her. She's the second one we've had. They are great pets. I wish we could keep her outside, 115 may be a little too hot. Congrats!

Erin said...

Jessica, you are HILARIOUS. I totally second the Richfield Rabbit Hutch comment. In fact, I think that Cade should make some sort of residence sign with that very title...or at least the old Richfield address.

When I told Spencer about the rabbits, I was promptly subjected to a tirade about the rabbits in Richfield.

Lorena said...

I was able to get all of the nitty-gritty details in person, as well as a trip back to memory lane for the boys when discussing Richfield.

I will NOT show this to my children, though. We have not even had a goldfish and we are going to keep our "No Pet Policy" alive and kicking.

Stacy said...

Lorena,
Ummmm...did you forget you are staying here for, like, two weeks next month? I think your kids are gonna find out we have pets!!

Lorena said...

Forget it...trip canceled!

whatyoudidn'tKNOWlton said...

So great! I am thinking you'll have more bunnies in no time at all! No we will not have bunnies at our house. The dogs would probably go crazy, more crazy than they already are!!!
Heath