Friday, December 10, 2010

My big day!

So yeah...it's my birthday. 36. I'm not a big birthday person, but I had a really good day today thanks to my cute family and kind friends. Cade got up early to make me/us breakfast. He decorated with streamers and everything. He's really good at birthdays! See?
Oh, and he got me an I-pod Shuffle (I ruined my last I-pod running through the sprinklers...I know...dumb)! The kids were super cute and gave me lots of birthday hugs and kisses. The rest of the day flew by with lots of well-wishes from my friends including lunch at the Brick Oven. Yum.

The MVP of the day would have to go to my sister, Suzanne, who devoted her whole day to my b-day. She even wrote a really nice, non-sarcastic post on her much-more-up-to-date blog about yours truly. She came to lunch with me and then shopped with me all afternoon. I think that will definitely have to be a birthday tradition from now until forever. She helped me pick out things to try on and even hung up all the clothes I tried on, which is the worst part of shopping. That and paying...but we sure got some cute new duds! Later Cade and I went to the Mandarin restaurant in Bountiful, along with Suz and Frank and our friends Jodi and Jon. We had a great time, see? (Sorry Cade, Frank, Jon, and Jodi...this was the only picture I had).
I don't much like getting older, but I do like feeling loved and appreciated...so I guess December 10th isn't such a bad day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Stace. Wish I could have been there to celebrate it with you!!! Happy 36th! You look like you are still 20!

Suzanne Lancaster said...

celebrating your birthday with you feels like I'm celebrating mine...shopping, food, treats, clothes, no kids. Believe me when I say, I'd do that ANY DAY! I had tons of fun. Thanks for sharing your day with me...LOVE YOU!

Jodi said...

That was a really fun day!! How lucky am I to get to tag along for some of the fun! BTW, thanks for being a super amazing, awesome, hilarious (!), talented, beautiful, kind friend! Happy birthday! Again.