Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Farewell to Summer

Well, today's the day I get back to bloggin'! I know you're excited, I am too. Instead of making this post a 4 hour read catching up on the last..um...few...months, I will make a Top Ten list so you only have to read the highlights. We both win, right? Well then, it's settled!

10. The Boys Started School.
Yesterday was a little bitter-sweet to me. We've had a fun summer and I like having all my babies with me under one roof...but let's face it, it was time to part ways! I realize that it appears from this picture that I have not abandoned my "matching" propensity, but it really is just a happy coincidence that all three are color-coordinated. Tyler is starting 5th grade, Adam 4th and Jason 2nd. What good boys!

9. I'm a Runner
It's been one of those things that I've wanted to get back into for the last 10 years or so, but just couldn't quite get up the courage, if that makes any sense. I started training for a 5K last Spring and ran it with my neighborhood friends and I was hooked! I have ran 3 more races since including the Provo half-marathon and hope to continue to run. It makes me happy.

8. Hannah Solidified Her "Diva" Status
Hannah's dance recital was so cute and Hannah has decided the spotlight is a pretty great place to be! She really enjoys singing, and dancing and is so theatrical about everything. She lights up a room with her big personality and I can't imagine our family without her!

7. Tyler and Adam Conquered Another Pinewood Derby!

I'm still intrigued by the whole Pinewood Derby "phenomenon" and cannot figure out for the life of me why on earth it matters so much that my children not lose this annual "Who's Dad Cares the Most" competition. Apparently, Dad cares about Hannah, too.
...why else would he wear this hideous...er...lovely tie Hannah made for him at preschool to church on Father's Day?

6. Cade and I took a Much Needed Vacation.
2 days in San Diego, 2 days in Aneheim. No kids. Need I say more?

5. We Went to our First Air Show
We went with our friends - the Remingtons, Childs and Kealamakias. It was fun, but unfortunately the Thunderbirds performed last...about 90 minutes after my kids ran out of steam and had to go home. Bummer!
Next year, we'll come at the end!

4. We Decided Kaysville is a Pretty Great Place to Spend the 4th of July.
We get to WALK to the parade from our house, and the kids collect obscene amounts of salt water taffy and merchandise (stuffed animals, bead necklaces and neckties...yes, neckties!) Fireworks, too, are just a hop, skip and a jump away from our front door. We may never leave this blessed town simply for the fun-factor on this one day.
...Our cousins agree!

3. Our kids are definitely on "the straight and narrow"! (are YOURS?)
...AND holding to the the iron rod! We toured the Church History Museum this summer and couldn't resist this photo-op. Should I be concerned about Hannah's one-foot-on-one-foot-off stance? Hmmmm..."plant BOTH feet, children!"

2. I have a few friends now.
...and they're pretty great!

1. This is What we Did Most of the Summer
Jodi took the picture and told me it was "blog-worthy" (even though those white legs definitely aren't!) Thanks for inviting us swimming a lot..oh yeah...and teaching my daughter how to swim (no more floaties for Hannah!)

Goodbye Summer. We'll miss you!!

8 comments:

Loree said...

what a great summer for you and your fam. good to see you posting again ;) you have been missed! utah looks like a pretty great place to live. look forward to more posts lady :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome back...I've missed you...looks like a fun summer!!!

Mike and Emily said...

So, you almost make me want to start blogging again. Perhaps I will take your top 10 approach. Glad you had a fun summer, and that we got to be a part of some of it with you. :)

Anonymous said...

About time you lovely lady!! I've missed all your creative posts!! But if thats too much pressure, no need for creativity.

Jamie said...

Looks like a great summer! I look forward to more blog posts from you now that your kiddies are back in school! :)

Unknown said...

Well, it's about dang time, that's all I have to say. So fun to see and catch up on you kiddies and family. Um......not many people can post a picture of themselves on their blog in a swimsuit. You look AMAZING!!! Can't wait to see you in two weeks and counting!

Taylor said...

Looks like you had a great summer. It was so good to see you in July! Hope your kids are enjoying school. They are so cute!

Kristin

Jodi said...

Wow Stace! I didn't realized we hung out so much this summer. It was awesome! Now all I have to do is copy and paste this post and I'll be all caught up. I guess I will have to switch the pictures out, ok, and change a couple of topics. Although, I'd be more than happy to adopt your children and call them my own. We love you 'Sillies' and hope you stay in K-town forever!