Thursday, May 19, 2011

cha-cha-cha-CHANGES!

It's been a while, I know!! It's been a busy few months trying to get adjusted to the new house and new life. Things are great, though, and we feel so lucky to be here. The kids are finishing out the school year at the old school so we still have one foot in our old neighborhood and one foot in the new, so the transition is...well...not too bad! My friend Tiff "urged" me to post pictures of the new house. I thought I would humor her and the few of you that still come to my blog and show you my pet projects for these last few months!

The beginnings of our master bedroom. I am thrilled that it is no longer the master bedroom/office/exercise room like it was in the other hose. NO KIDS ALLOWED! I love my new color scheme of white, gray and aqua...so clean and crisp! I still want to: wallpaper the back wall, buy an upholstered headboard, create a reading nook in the corner, hang curtains, and add some art and accessories. Someday!!!
Here is my formal living room...haven't done much in here but figured I'd show you anyway.
I hope to get the walls painted a soft gray in the next couple of week. You in, Dad??
Here is my cute kitchen. I love how bright and open it is. My dad and I painted the walls, and Cade installed knobs and pulls on the cabinets and drawers. Aren't they purty?
This is the dining area. Again, bright and open the way I like it.
This house is not lacking in windows, that's for sure! I had to close all the blinds to get decent photos, but they are usually open from sunrise to sundown. Happiness.
This is my favorite room so far - the upstairs family room. I decided out with the greens and in with the blue, yellow and grays! I am happy with the results. You likey?
And lastly, this is the new office/exercise room/guest room. I repainted the walls and tried to create a soft, neutral color scheme. This will be your room if you come stay with me. Right, Tiff?

Coming soon (...or maybe not so soon...): the kids bedrooms and the downstairs family room! Maybe even the bathrooms! And the yard! (...I planted flowers, you know.)

Miss you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like it's coming along. I love all the gray. It looks so inviting.

Unknown said...

Just think, I saw all those beautiful rooms in PERSON!!! They look awesome. It makes me want to redo my whole house.

Tiffany Young said...

WOW it does not even look like the same house....I can't wait to see it all in person :O) Glad that you guys are adjusting well to your new house. Things are coming along pretty good here. We need to get together!