Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Kay

Kay is the school lunch lady. She's a great gal and I sure appreciate her little "reminder" e-mails when our balance gets low. This was todays:

Please send lunch money. So i don't have to refuse to feed your kids. Any questions please feel free to call.  Kay

Don't worry, I RAN for my checkbook after reading that. I can just picture Kay towering over a pile of chicken patties with her arms folded crossly and shaking her head at my poor, pleading, emaciated children. I feel a response is in order, but since I am the MOST non-confrontational person in the world, this is just for fun.

Dear Kay,

Thanks for scaring me into sending lunch money today. A kind and friendly e-mail reminder just wouldn't have "sent the message"... I probably would have just disregarded it entirely. I think I am finally beginning to understand that lunch money is serious business and being 45 cents in the negative is inexcusable. It won't happen again. I pray you never have to refuse to feed my children.

Sincerely,

Stacy Seeley

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I had to send lunch money just yesterday after a note from the lunch lady! Although I had sent money for them and someone has misplaced it... Could have been Ashlynn, or my check is lost somewhere at the school. I think you should send your note it's too cute! I miss you!

Unknown said...

Bahahahahaha!

benandnatty said...

I hope I never have to run into that lady when I'm hungry without a spare bit of change! Good of her to show so much compassion in her job!

Mike and Emily said...

I so think you should send the letter! Do it, do it, do it! If you want, I would be happy to walk it over for you. :)

Marcie said...

That's the BEST!!! Thanks for the laugh! I feel like having a chicken patty now.

Jensons said...

lol, that is great. Funny stuff.

Sarah said...

I'm laughing and laughing and laughing. AND it reminded me of the letter we wrote the Riviera Management our Sophomore year. Do you remember that letter? HA HA HA HA. . .

Funny funny Stacy.