Saturday, November 1, 2008

Tyler - 1 Decade Old!

My first-born has hit the double-digits - Aaahhhh! The big one-oh...10! We started out the special day with his favorite breakfast of scones. Tyler loves scones . He doesn't love school but he had to go anyway, which was okay because he was spotlighted in his class all week long. I made a poster about him to display in his classroom. It looked like this: I went into his class later that week to tell some things about Tyler. He had asked me to bring our new bunny rabbits to show everyone. I didn't really want to haul the bunnies over to the school along with Hannah and Rachel. I asked him if it was really important for him to show the bunnies or would he rather bring his sisters instead. He thought for a minute then chose...his sisters! What a sweet boy - his love for his sisters never ceases to amaze me. He is a natural caretaker and that's a pretty good quality to have if you ask me. I told his class all about the funny things he did as a baby and all the reasons why Tyler's so awesome. After school, four of Tyler friends came home with him and we all went mini-golfing at Cherry Hill. Here are the birthday guests: Aunt Dorrie, Bekkah, Aunt Marcie and Ava joined us there for the festivities, too. They actually enjoy the whole birthday scene instead of just pretending...CRAZY! We came back to the house for pizza and ice cream and green cupcakes (Tyler's choice). The party wouldn't be complete without a few wacky gifts/photo ops! Looking good, T! Hannah was pretty adorable too, don't you think? The day was a success...mission complete. Happy Birthday Tyler!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A 10 year old! WOW you are really getting up there! Sounds like it was a fun birthday, you are such a fun mom. My kids are lucky to get cake!

Jill said...

Holy cow! What a fun day! Stac - you are such a good mama! Tyler is such a doll and getting so big! What a good boy you've raised! But....the picture that killed me was Hannah! Oh my goodness! She is too dang cute! What are you going to do with her?

Abbie said...

Happy Birthday Tyler! Wish we could have been at your rockin' party.

Stacy, I found a recipe for a cake with sour cream and thought of you. That's all.

Loree said...

Wow! I didn;t realize we both had our first babies 2 days apart. My Kaitlyn turned 10 on NOv. 3rd! DOUBLE DIGITS!!! oh my heavens! I can't believe it! looks like it was a great birthday for Tyler.